New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa mga detailing shop pwede pa wax? layo naman makati. antipolo ako, near sta lu lang. :roll:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CoolGal,

Kung wax lang, sa mga carwash pwede na. Don sa likod ng Tropical sa pinakadulo , don ako nagpapacarwash at wax...try mo. Dalawa carwash don, don ka sa pinadulo pumunta left side kapag narating mo yun dulo pagpasok mo ng tropical hindi yung una na nasa right side.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why do you want to wax? To make your car look nicer? Or to protect the finish? I ask this question because I was a newbie and didn't know the difference between waxing/cleaning/polishing.

After many questions here and browsing PAD forum (link in any of THEVEED's posts), now I know better.

In a Meguiar's shop, I saw handwaxing for P300 (small car). But if you just want to protect the paint that you have, a can of Turtle Wax Finish 2001 costs about P330. Simoniz Liquid Diamond, another sealant that offers good protection costs about P250 or so.

Apparently, it doesn't provide as much shine/depth/gloss as some higher end carnauba waxes, but for most people who aren't really looking for such criteria, the Turtle Wax and Liquid Diamond are good enough. And they protect very well, too.

--Alf

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGal
    sa mga detailing shop pwede pa wax? layo naman makati. antipolo ako, near sta lu lang. :roll:
    Kanan ka sa Tuazon (tapat ng Imelda Ave), pwede dun sa mga shops near the end of the road, may 2-3 detailing shops dun including Paint Tricks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Up...

Any update here? Moving to GY shift and sa gabi lang ako available parati eh.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    Up...

Any update here? Moving to GY shift and sa gabi lang ako available parati eh.
    Location? There are a lot of 24 hour car washes that cater mostly to taxis. Nearest to my area (Ortigas) is along Barangka Drive in Mandaluyong.

I never bring my cars there though - poor quality of washing. I'd only go there if my car was really dirty and I needed it clean early the next morning.

But If I need to have my car washed late at night, I go to ATMT Car Wash along Pasig Blvd. They're only until 11pm though. Great quality of work, almost as good as The Detail Studio where I usually go (9am-8pm only).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Location? There are a lot of 24 hour car washes that cater mostly to taxis. Nearest to my area (Ortigas) is along Barangka Drive in Mandaluyong.

I never bring my cars there though - poor quality of washing. I'd only go there if my car was really dirty and I needed it clean early the next morning.

But If I need to have my car washed late at night, I go to ATMT Car Wash along Pasig Blvd. They're only until 11pm though. Great quality of work, almost as good as The Detail Studio where I usually go (9am-8pm only).

I alternate from Makati and Eastwood City eh, so pwede siguro yung ATMT. Sana ok lang sa kanila if dumating ako dun around 10pm, kahit 1 hour na lang close na sila.

Sayang, gusto ko din sana talaga sa Detail Studio. I heard they even do 2 bucket method there.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    I alternate from Makati and Eastwood City eh, so pwede siguro yung ATMT. Sana ok lang sa kanila if dumating ako dun around 10pm, kahit 1 hour na lang close na sila.
    Usually ganyang time ako pumupunta, ok naman. Mabait yung supervisor dun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
24 hour carwash?