New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The difference between TATA and the local builders is not the vision.

The difference is the size of the local market they have.

Just check the land area of India and the population. Compare that to the total land area and population of the Philippines.

In the Philippines, just distributing goods to the proverbial four corners of the country is already an exercise in one's patience and financial budgets. Having a single landmass or a continent is a big help. Distribution will only be a matter of rail or truck transport.
    If you are talking about size and population, how about Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia compared to the Philippines, they have smaller population (all of them compared to the Philippines)) and almost as small (Malaysia and Thailand are little bit bigger;(Taiwan and South Korea are smaller) as the Philippines?

As a matter of fact all countries mentioned have larger market than us yet with less population.

In other words, the is a posibility to increase the market for vehicles here not now or maybe in the future.
    Last edited by jpdm; December 24th, 2009 at 03:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    Well of course - that's an apparent factor.

Continental countries have this advantage. But UK and Japan were able to overcome the island factor as barriers of entry for business. Netherlands for instance is no bigger than Region 4. Toyota is just a City and the market size doesnt have to be a weakness in itself. There are gaps inside a Jar full of marbles - this is where we can focus.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You are forgetting other factors including cost, average income, level of industrialization etc.

You have to remember, UK and Japan both had an industrial base even before WW2. They could build tanks, bombers and battleships in massive numbers.

Do we have anything to match? No!
    Maybe in the future, we might have a match.

No one predicted that least developed countries and resource poor nations like Singapore, Hongkong, Taiwan and South Korea (NIC countries and even China (BRIC, although expected because of its resources) can industrialized and improve their average income in such as short period of time starting in the 1950s.

Now, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and fast rising Vietnam are catching up and joining the "flying geese" formation headed by Japan.

We might too, (and be fully industrialized in the future) as long as we start now---okay starting with with Noynoy Aquino or Manny Villar
    Last edited by jpdm; December 24th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    True.

Maybe in the future, we might have a match.

No one predicted that least developed countries and resource poor nations like Singapore, Hongkong, Taiwan and South Korea (NIC countries and even China (BRIC, although expected because of its resources) can industrialized and improve their average income in such as short period of time starting in the 1950s.

Now, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and fast rising Vietnam are catching up and joining the "flying geese" formation headed by Japan.

We might too, (and be fully industrialized in the future) as long as we start now---okay starting with with Noynoy Aquino or Manny Villar
    [SIZE=4]
    Perhaps taking a look on how Israel now produces her own high tech weapons can give us an idea of how things can be done.

The present company creating Israeli'e misslie actually started as a kibbutz manufacturing bicycle parts... a means of transportation that was during the years after the 1948 war for independence, the Israeli's certainly needed.

On Villar though JPDM:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]From: Cita
    To: Worldwide-Filipino-Alliance*yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Tue, December 22, 2009 12:19:38 AM
    Subject: Re: [Worldwide-Filipino-Alliance] a good analysis for the educated voter
    [/SIZE]

Villar admitted he is prepared to spend billions to get elected. A shrewd businessman Villar would have to recoupt that if he becomes president, perhaps double, triple several ten times more. Do not vote for villar he is so corrupt ask jamby and Panfilo lacson as well as the other senators. it will be nightmare to see him at Malcanang.

[SIZE=6]On Noynoy:[/SIZE]

no problem kit, Jc is a good friend, we will assist him by having some stickers made. Do you want to help raise funds for his stickers? patrick

[SIZE=2] From: kit canillas <fxcanillas*yahoo. com>
    To: oogroups. com
    Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 2:35:45 PM
    Subject: Re:Re: [INCITEGov_YPS] My Christmas Wish story
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Am for JC and whole of his slate now, not anymore for Noynoy as his stand on the RH Bill shows that he either is shallow in dissecting the implication, ramification and effect of his decision or corrupt considering the money that the UNFPA have released to the advocates of the UN HR population control agenda here in RP.

Lagman, the point man for the UN HR population control advocacy in the lower house, received 20 million and most likely Biazon also gets an amount near the figure being the point man for the RH Bill in the senate.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    The RH Bill will definitely ruin the Filipino Nation.[/SIZE]

--- On Mon, 21/12/09, Patrick P> wrote:

Subject: Re: Re: [INCITEGov_YPS] My Christmas Wish story
    To: groups. com
    Received: Monday, 21 December, 2009, 2:03 PM

Ok Bro. wer just having a meeting now with former Senator Ilarde and Linggoy now at my house, more people are comming pa, talagang full speed ahead na ang Among Ed for Governor in Pamapnga and Sen. Noy2 for President... ..God Bless patrick

To:*yahoogroups. com
    Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 1:46:12 PM
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Just here bro.

Kit
    [/SIZE]

Received: Monday, 21 December, 2009, 12:40 PM

dear kit, hope to talk to you soon, patrick

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsons View Post
    [SIZE=4]
    Perhaps taking a look on how Israel now produces her own high tech weapons can give us an idea of how things can be done.

The present company creating Israeli'e misslie actually started as a kibbutz manufacturing bicycle parts... a means of transportation that was during the years after the 1948 war for independence, the Israeli's certainly needed.

On Villar though JPDM:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]From: Cita
    To: Worldwide-Filipino-Alliance*yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Tue, December 22, 2009 12:19:38 AM
    Subject: Re: [Worldwide-Filipino-Alliance] a good analysis for the educated voter
    [/SIZE]

Villar admitted he is prepared to spend billions to get elected. A shrewd businessman Villar would have to recoupt that if he becomes president, perhaps double, triple several ten times more. Do not vote for villar he is so corrupt ask jamby and Panfilo lacson as well as the other senators. it will be nightmare to see him at Malcanang.

[SIZE=6]On Noynoy:[/SIZE]

no problem kit, Jc is a good friend, we will assist him by having some stickers made. Do you want to help raise funds for his stickers? patrick

Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 2:35:45 PM
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Am for JC and whole of his slate now, not anymore for Noynoy as his stand on the RH Bill shows that he either is shallow in dissecting the implication, ramification and effect of his decision or corrupt considering the money that the UNFPA have released to the advocates of the UN HR population control agenda here in RP.

Lagman, the point man for the UN HR population control advocacy in the lower house, received 20 million and most likely Biazon also gets an amount near the figure being the point man for the RH Bill in the senate.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    The RH Bill will definitely ruin the Filipino Nation.[/SIZE]

To: groups. com
    Received: Monday, 21 December, 2009, 2:03 PM

Ok Bro. wer just having a meeting now with former Senator Ilarde and Linggoy now at my house, more people are comming pa, talagang full speed ahead na ang Among Ed for Governor in Pamapnga and Sen. Noy2 for President... ..God Bless patrick

To:*yahoogroups. com
    Sent: Mon, December 21, 2009 1:46:12 PM
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Just here bro.

Kit
    [/SIZE]

Received: Monday, 21 December, 2009, 12:40 PM

dear kit, hope to talk to you soon, patrick
    I respect your opinion on Villar.

I think, in my opinion, we should not believe too much on kuya Jamby Madrigal and ngiiiii... Panfilo Lacson (alleged berdugo with unexplained wealth),

Anyway, we just hope to see, the government will finally be definitive in helping local auto industry to flourish.

BTW, my source told me a group of mechanical engineering students and professors from UP Diliman are developing a hybrid and redesigned jeepney. I hope it will come into reality.

Merry x-mas to all!

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    sir tanong lang po kung anong name at saan may nagaasemble ng owner type jeep,
    tanx po.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcs View Post
    sir tanong lang po kung anong name at saan may nagaasemble ng owner type jeep,
    tanx po.
    Sir kung Northern Metro Manila kayo, may gawaan daw sa navotas at Valenzuela.
    Kung Southern Metro Manila, sa Cavite along Aguinaldo highway from SM Bacoor to Robinsons Imus. Maraming fabricators dun and just drop by...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Which type of Pinoy vehicle?