Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    A local version of this....

From Tata Motors:

Tata Sumo

or a refined version of this...

Locally assembled AUV with Toyota engine
    Last edited by jpdm; December 22nd, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    A local Version of this I think is the best vehicle for family-oriented Pinoys

The highly popular Toyota Tamaraw FX

Last edited by jpdm; December 22nd, 2009 at 11:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    A local version of this....

From Tata Motors:

Tata Sumo

or a refined version of this...

Locally assembled AUV with Toyota engine
    So what you re saying is the future Pinoy vehicle is actually an Indian designed car?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    one BIG difference between Tata Motors and local AUV builders :

Tata Motors can mass produce in the thousands

the local AUV builders can't

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    one BIG difference between Tata Motors and local AUV builders :

Tata Motors can mass produce in the thousands

the local AUV builders can't
    To be precise.... TATA makes by the millions.

The Local AUV - umabot din naman ng some thousands of units.

The main difference is, TATA has a bigger vision than our local AUV assemblers.

What is common with Soichiro, Enzo, Ferdinand, Henry, Etore, Ferrucio - and Ratan? All of them are Big Dreamers - whenever they open their mouth, they are all adamant about their dreams... their target.... their passion. They all have placed their money where their mouths are... and capitalists also joined them.

Dito sa atin, Pinoys - sad to say.... If ever you find one - he will be ridiculed.

I have seen some in my lifetime though who reminded me of the names I just mentioned.

I will take the liberty of naming names....

Dino Juan - builder of the ENZO 911 (Porsche 911) Replicar. He built some number of units, he had the dream, the vision and the drive as well as the capital to do it. But - what did the Porsche Club did? - fearing their cars will lose value - they hired a Lawyer and filed a case on Copyright Infringement where Porsche Germany wasn't really interested in. Dino didn't really replicate the 911 original... He replicated a Covin 911 - the UK based company who builds 911 Kits Cars. The dimensions of this 911 is a bit off than the original. So - it was technically not unfair trade - moreover - the niche market was not the same as well as the price.

He could have placed this country in the Global Map in terms of Commercially available Sports Cars... at the same degree as he have placed PIER 1 (I prefer calling it Pier Juan) as a Good Business Idea.

If his 911 project wasn't mothballed by - can I call this Crab mentality? It would have been a great success.

Another guy would be Binky Victa - designer of Conge Cars - but I havent met him personally so I can't tell much. However, based on the cars he built, they proved good in Rally Racing and the exotic low ride Sports Cars he built were equally plausible. I wasn't able to track the rest of his story - but if anyone knows him - it would really be helpful if you can post an update to his cars here in this thread.

There was this Blue exotic car he designed and built using Celeste and VW parts for his platform with fiberglass skins... the memory is a bit hazy now... I will try to reconstruct it in my memory when I have the time and post it here.

I sure hope somebody will post a picture of it here.

There is nowhere in cyberspace to find it... If I have the money - I sure would like to buy that car. I think it's a cool design. It's definitely a Special Interest - One Off - Car.
    Last edited by ehnriko; December 23rd, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The difference between TATA and the local builders is not the vision.

The difference is the size of the local market they have.

Just check the land area of India and the population. Compare that to the total land area and population of the Philippines.

In the Philippines, just distributing goods to the proverbial four corners of the country is already an exercise in one's patience and financial budgets. Having a single landmass or a continent is a big help. Distribution will only be a matter of rail or truck transport.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 23rd, 2009 at 11:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The difference between TATA and the local builders is not the vision.

The difference is the size of the local market they have.

Just check the land area of India and the population. Compare that to the total land area and population of the Philippines.

In the Philippines, just distributing goods to the proverbial four corners of the country is already an exercise in one's patience and financial budgets. Having a single landmass or a continent is a big help. Distribution will only be a matter of rail or truck transport.
    Well of course - that's an apparent factor.

Continental countries have this advantage. But UK and Japan were able to overcome the island factor as barriers of entry for business. Netherlands for instance is no bigger than Region 4. Toyota is just a City and the market size doesnt have to be a weakness in itself. There are gaps inside a Jar full of marbles - this is where we can focus.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You are forgetting other factors including cost, average income, level of industrialization etc.

You have to remember, UK and Japan both had an industrial base even before WW2. They could build tanks, bombers and battleships in massive numbers.

Do we have anything to match? No!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You are forgetting other factors including cost, average income, level of industrialization etc.

You have to remember, UK and Japan both had an industrial base even before WW2. They could build tanks, bombers and battleships in massive numbers.

Do we have anything to match? No!
    We were actually in the same financial status as Japan during WW2.

Average Income is dictated by GNP/GDP and progression of industrialization a.k.a. Economic Activities.

Level of Industrialization is definitely relative. It will all depend on the thrust or effort placed into both the intent and actual work thrown into the pool of industrial progression.

Just like a car with depleted liquids in its' system. It doesnt mean it can run to reach a certain destination.

If the resource only allows a half liter fuel to be bought.... and the engine has an old oil which also needs replacement...and very little brake fluid - but enough to keep the car stopping from 60 to 0 in a safe amount of time. And you need to go about 10 km. distance to be home for Christmas (ex. of an objective). It's of course possible to reach the target. Prioritize the item that will move the car towards the target and make do with what is at hand. Keep the old oil, keep the speed low, minimize braking - adopt practical defensve and evasive driving modes and maintain striking (passing) distance at all times so you dont need to stop the car behind another. This is the type of mode we need to adopt in an adverse condition like this. As what the country has become after WW2. If - I say If - everything goes according to a clever plan - We might be able to see in our lifetime a First World Philippines - with Recovered Glory again like Pre WW2.

Dreaming is free... and this is a strength. The Stronger the Dream - the Better the chances, The Bigger - the Hope.

Merry Christmas All!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    To be precise.... TATA makes by the millions.

The Local AUV - umabot din naman ng some thousands of units.
    i was referring to the Tata Sumo (the photo posted) which Tata made thousands of units

i didnt mean all motor vehicles produced by Tata

and the local AUVs -- kung bibilangin mo lahat lahat ng AUV na nagawa locally ever since, yes, aabot nga ng thousands

pero they are all different

hindi clones, hindi mass produced

that's my point

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Which type of Pinoy vehicle?