New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Just thinking.. Car replica specially AC Cobra is quite known as a fad in Europe and USA. Medyo mahal nga lang.

Here in pinas Ive seen quite a few replica...

So here is my question
    Have you built one?
    What is your Donor Engine/tranny and Chassis?
    Whats your up and down on your project?
    How much it cost you?
    How long it took you to have it running and road worthy?

Sa mga Guru if you are building one what would you recommend (Donors and body replica)
    What will be your budget?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to clarify, You are referring to replica KIT cars? It is because you referred to the AC Cobra.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were to make one...

Donor car ko would be a 2.0L toyota Corona. Kasi mura resale value niyan so cheaper to acquire.

2.0L engine on a small project car would be good

Toyota parts is easier to find. Siguro I'll allocate anywhere between P200k to 500k for such kit car project.

Kung budget constraint kit car naman, I'll use a chop-up wagon-R wide... 1.0L engine and would cost less than P100k to acquire. So ang total project cost is probably mahal na sa P300k

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I was to make one... I'll take the Nissan SR20DET with 4WD system.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Kung budget constraint kit car naman, I'll use a chop-up wagon-R wide... 1.0L engine and would cost less than P100k to acquire. So ang total project cost is probably mahal na sa P300k
    1.0L engine on an AC Cobra replica? Or were you talking about other replicas. A 1.0L engine is more suitable for a smaller car like an Austin-Healey "Frogeye" Sprite replica.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just to clarify, You are referring to replica KIT cars? It is because you referred to the AC Cobra.
    Im referring to replica kit cars, na example ko lang ang AC cobra pero ive seen 911 kit car for sale din dito sa tsikot few years back ata.

I i were to build a 911 or a cobra what donor cars would i use ba?

Chassis, engine tranny etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    1.0L engine on an AC Cobra replica? Or were you talking about other replicas. A 1.0L engine is more suitable for a smaller car like an Austin-Healey "Frogeye" Sprite replica.
    hahaha... pangit nga yung 1L kung AC Cobra body... actually I would rather design my own kit car body

mini AC cobra kaya?!?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    maybe a bit OT but i would rather design my own and make it to something like this

custom chassis (reinforced) ford V8 engine with landcruiser 80 axles :grin2:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Me would go for a custom designed sportscar na sobrang gaan then powered by an FX's 1.8 engine and chassis or powered by my GrandPa's engine inside his son's owner then baklas lahat to make it lightweight

pinagaaralan ko na dahan dahan 3d modelling para maipakita custom designs ko sa grandpa ko.. damn it hirap

budget of 300k? i think sobrang bitin or bitin lang pa yan

and yeah, yung concept car ko (aside sa h2) na sportscar would be made through my design kaso parts na naka kabit e pang mga existing/old cars like sa corolla/lancer para naman madali rin maghanap incase of unwanted ek-eks , ibabawi na lang talaga sana sa diskarte para magmukang exotic..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    ...actually I would rather design my own kit car body...
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    ...i would rather design my own...
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    Me would go for a custom designed sportscar na sobrang gaan...
    OT na kayo! This thread is about replicas. Doon kayo mag-post sa Tsikot Sport Vehicle or OJT thread.

Pero I like your attitude. I believe that there is a niche market in the Philippines for a cheap locally made small sports car that has a surplus engine and lightweight fiberglass body and original stand out from the crowd styling.

*wildthing, JJCarEnthusiast, Burai,
    Why don't you and the Tsikot design team get together and come up with a common space frame chassis that can fit your different designs. Calling Ehnriko.

OT na rin ako.
    Last edited by donbuggy; June 7th, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast