New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Glad to see that there are a lot of people who share my notion that the OTJ design is outdated and needs to be redone.

I agree with dprox's statement that form follows function. Back when I was in college (1992) I took up ME and as a feasibility study, pitched the idea of a redesign of the OTJ, both in its bodywork as well as in its mechanicals. One thing that shouts at me when I look at an open hood of the OTJ is that there is so much wasted space. Where one could have placed a battery compartment, there is nothing but space.

Back in 2005, my father gave me an OTJ to use as I had just sold my '98 corolla to fund my wedding ( :D ). It was a very dependable ride that I had absolutely no problems in operating. All the college-era ideas I had suddenly flooded back but I had no time, nor the resources to address it. I figured I'd take it a step at a time. The idea has since taken a back seat since I sold the OTJ two years ago after having acquired an AUV (my family is starting to grow, need all the space I can get. hehehe)

I am certainly not a good artist so my sketches are about at par with that of a grade 1's if not worse. :D So I'll try to find another way to convey my ideas. Most of my ideas are with the mechanical aspect of the OTJ, the way the engine bay is laid out, the suspension, what can be done to use/adapt the current chassis, etc... If you look at it, a big portion of the OTJ is consumed by the front part - the engine bay, which pushes the cabin back and thereby into the 'tagtag' zone. A more efficient layout would result to a better cabin-forward design and move the passenger area into the comfort zone, while improving driver's visibility.

Hope to contribute to this noble and patriotic effort to bring the ever-dependable OTJ into present times. Long live the OTJ!
    Last edited by lgp; December 17th, 2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Line spaces missing...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lgp View Post
    Glad to see that there are a lot of people who share my notion that the OTJ design is outdated and needs to be redone.

I agree with dprox's statement that form follows function. Back when I was in college (1992) I took up ME and as a feasibility study, pitched the idea of a redesign of the OTJ, both in its bodywork as well as in its mechanicals. One thing that shouts at me when I look at an open hood of the OTJ is that there is so much wasted space. Where one could have placed a battery compartment, there is nothing but space.

Back in 2005, my father gave me an OTJ to use as I had just sold my '98 corolla to fund my wedding ( :D ). It was a very dependable ride that I had absolutely no problems in operating. All the college-era ideas I had suddenly flooded back but I had no time, nor the resources to address it. I figured I'd take it a step at a time. The idea has since taken a back seat since I sold the OTJ two years ago after having acquired an AUV (my family is starting to grow, need all the space I can get. hehehe)

I am certainly not a good artist so my sketches are about at par with that of a grade 1's if not worse. :D So I'll try to find another way to convey my ideas. Most of my ideas are with the mechanical aspect of the OTJ, the way the engine bay is laid out, the suspension, what can be done to use/adapt the current chassis, etc... If you look at it, a big portion of the OTJ is consumed by the front part - the engine bay, which pushes the cabin back and thereby into the 'tagtag' zone. A more efficient layout would result to a better cabin-forward design and move the passenger area into the comfort zone, while improving driver's visibility.

Hope to contribute to this noble and patriotic effort to bring the ever-dependable OTJ into present times. Long live the OTJ!
    [SIZE=4]
    Also have problem about drawing sketches and have no time for studying how to use the computer programs for drawing.

Your out-of-the-box idea of moving the passenger compartment more forward seems to be a good Idea. Certainly the tagtag section is right above the hind wheels.

Maybe with a longer chassis the tagtag can be minimized and can give more passenger room space... though OTJ pa kaya ito? It may come out to be a sort of crew cab na?.[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsons View Post
    [SIZE=4]Maybe with a longer chassis the tagtag can be minimized and can give more passenger room space... though OTJ pa kaya ito? It may come out to be a sort of crew cab na?.[/SIZE]
    Like this..owner type jeeps like this are very popular in Bacoor, Cavite..

Batangas oTJ

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Eto ang dapat na idevelop.

More safety features, new look and price should be competitive with others.
    Like the Harrabuzz of Ehnriko which was sketch 2 years ago.

Ehnriko why not post it again?
    I was asked not to post it in public muna due to copyright issues...

hmmm... What the heck.

Here it is.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    I was asked not to post it in public muna due to copyright issues...

hmmm... What the heck.

Here it is.

nice concept!
    meron ka bang 5 doors nito.

magandang taxi fleet ito sa manila like the london taxi.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nice concept!
    meron ka bang 5 doors nito.

magandang taxi fleet ito sa manila like the london taxi.
    Yup agree bagong mukha ng owner type jeep!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    A concept for an owner type jeep based on a fwd car platform.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    * donbuggy and ehnriko
    Pwedeng gawing "PBV" mga concept nyo.

* jpdm

Sorry to say the thread PBV you started was closed yesterday.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    A concept for an owner type jeep based on a fwd car platform.

Nice concept!

* donbuggy and ehnriko
    Pwedeng gawing "PBV" mga concept nyo.

* jpdm

Sorry to say the thread PBV you started was closed yesterday.
    Ala tayo magawa, member lang tayo.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Nice concept!

Ala tayo magawa, member lang tayo.
    Hindi ba moderator ka na sir jpdm? jdpm pala, who's banned already here in tsikot long time ago. Baka naharang ng iba dito. Try to pm sir JEDI, he's nice
    down to earth guy. Parang tayo jpdm...hehehe. Sorry OT tayo.

Back to topic, redesign OTJ can be the "PBV". Baka humirit naman sila, eto pangarap lang. It's free! So you can't take it away from me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
OTJ's: Your imagination of a new gen...