New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hey Guys,

I wanna start a discussion about Owner Type Jeeps... Since most of the 90's OTJ's are low riders... Ano kaya maganda sa looks nya in the future? Any take sa interior? - Come on! Lets dream and imagine. hehehe...

Since OTJ's are 3 door utes... Sa tingin mo ano better size nya? Same din ba sa long wheelbase of the 90's? or same length and size sa FJ Cruiser?

EXTERIOR:
    Im dreaming of Projector Head Lamps, CRDi Engine (w/ a yummy torq), revive of the Mitsubishi willy's color variations w/c is white roof, tinted windows, Ano pa kaya?

INTERIOR:
    Filipino Sporty Interior (Very detailed), On board computer with GPS and phone support and 160GB HD for Music, 28 miniature speakers, 1000watt exclusive Sound system, massage seats, hmm... what else can I dream?
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I see fuel efficient OTJs in the future... yung mga converted Suzuki Super Carry vans... ...I'm still thinking about the one I saw in Laguna... still tracking down the local manufacturer that does it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    4-wheel independent suspension, tapos babawasan ang rear-wheel-well to put forward the rear set making room for luggage space at the back, tapos yung matitirang side-panel irere-inforce, and re-engineering the forward part of the chassis to make it shock absorbing, btw, it is still having an FR layout...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    this thread is good. keep the ideas flowing,, pag nakompleto natin yung specs, ituloy din nating gawan ng prototype - kung sakali.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    not sure kung my reply belongs to this thread.
    one of the better alternative to OTJ is yung mga nilabas dating mga mini-wrangler ng MDJeepstar,di ba?and I think meron pa rin gumagawa sa Cavite area. this mini-wranglers have an option to have an extended body(same with the regular-sized wranglers that they make)....ang balak ko dati is magpagawa ng ganitong type..ung extended body then 3 door din with seat layout ng FX/revo...hindi ko kinonsider na mag-request ng 5-door customization kasi feeling ko, baka humina na masyado ang body...
    but my plan remained just a plan(or a dream ata...)kasi nung pumunta ako sa showroom ng MDJeepstar along taft avenue, ni-refer ako sa another person...
    nung pumunta ako...ang mahal ng quotation sa akin...considering na ako ang
    magsusupply ng lahat(including chassis)..except sa body......

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    foifoi05's tableta design can conceivably be applied to the OTJ platform, too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my hope is that the next generation of owner-type jeeps has the proper safety equipment to make them less of a rolling deathtrap

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Definitely. That is a primary consideration the design team will have to grapple with given the typical budgetary constraints of would-be buyers.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    foifoi05's tableta design can conceivably be applied to the OTJ platform, too.

made a quick editing.... well, it turned out to be a sort of roadster

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I hope Cavite fabricators will adopt new design and technology. na-shorts pa ako ganun na itsura ng OTJ sa amin. Ganun pa rin hanggang ngayon.

Although there are some who dared to make some changes such as using the Kia Pride's dashboard, aircon plus hard top and windows. Peros yung iba, trapal pa rin.

Umayaw din ang mga Kabiteno sa OJT kasi, madaling ma-carnap at di maiwanan ng mahahalagang gamit, trapal lang kasi.

Something must be done also sa configuration nya,doors at seats.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
OTJ's: Your imagination of a new gen...