New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Die, mold makers to aid PhUV builders

Inquirer
    Last updated 06:00am (Mla time) 09/18/2007
    Efforts of domestic auto parts makers to mass produce a low-priced utility vehicle got a boost after the Philippine Die and Mold Association (PDMA) committed to contribute skills and resources to the program.
    THIS IS A BIT OF GOOD NEWS!! MVPMAP, START PRODUCING THE PHUV! There is a market waiting for it!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Honestly im one of thousand maybe millions ex-pat waited for this project. I was really disapointed when i saw it in the news. But theres nothing we can do because of the tight budget. When are they going to launch the 2nd prototype of PhUV?

Why don't you listen to Niky? Corect me if im wrong. First prototype just needs some detailing. For me theres no need to build another prototype. Are they still sticking with the price if they are going to market it? Lots of query needs to be answer, in it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Honestly im one of thousand maybe millions ex-pat waited for this project. I was really disapointed when i saw it in the news. But theres nothing we can do because of the tight budget. When are they going to launch the 2nd prototype of PhUV?

Why don't you listen to Niky? Corect me if im wrong. First prototype just needs some detailing. For me theres no need to build another prototype. Are they still sticking with the price if they are going to market it? Lots of query needs to be answer, in it.
    Hi ocanursjr. I can't answer for MVPMAP, but here are my personal observations and opinions.

There are still a number of conditions that need to be met before they can go into full conventional production on that target price. It involves both privileges and sacrifices. The fact is MVPMAP PhUV was not launched by a monolithic automaking company, but a "consortium" of the association. They still need to tighten their organization in order to seriously enter the carmaking industry. Kumbaga, nauna yung product sa infrastructure.

That price target is not impossible, even with all-new components, but let's bear in mind that whole auto assembly is still an unblazed trail for the startup group of individual parts suppliers. They have come a long way, but are still generally in an exploratory phase.

From Tsikot Design Forum's past dealings with them, we have seen and admire their commitment and best efforts to stick to the price tag.

On our part, the best we can do is hope the MVPMAP consortium members are able to overcome the hurdles, and ... well, wait na lang muna tayo.

On Tsikot's part, we submitted three restyling recommendations na. It's posted in
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42318 - Vote now!
    Last edited by dprox; September 21st, 2007 at 06:56 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks sir Dprox! For Car Parts Maker in the Philippines, we salute you! Will continue to monitor the PhUV.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --I just read an article about one of favorite local industry--the Marikina ( Local) footwear industry. I used to live in Marikina at the banks of Sto.Nino. Footwears are one of the best products we can offer to the world. Maganda, matibay at world class. Dati tawag sa atin Italy of Asia dahil sa mga world class hand made bags, shoes and other leather. Pero dahil sa pagpapabaya ng gobyerno, pinatay ang industriya ng mga imported na maganda lang ang pangalan pero sobrang mahal.

--Ganyan din ang truly auto industry...humahataw na nung 1990s..umaabante na . Ang Franscisco Motors nag-invest na at naglabas na ng Anfra. Ang mga Castro, Carter, AMD, MDJeepstar at Atendido nag-i-improve na rin tulad ng Anfra. Isama na natin ang Panther, Dragon at iba pang mga local versions ng AUV.

--Wala akong pakialam sa mga big boys.

--Kung binigyan pa ng kaunting panahon, mga 20-30 years pa siguro ( from 1980s- present ) India at Malaysia na status ng Auto industry natin in terms of quality at market.

--pero naudlot, dumating ang demolition crew ng big boys HEADED BY an association of foreign firms marquerading as local auto manufacturers, in cooperation with our friendly government officials who are sooo..treacherous and CORRUPT!!!!

--Both industries are under siege. Thousands of jobs and hundreds of local entrepreneurs lost money because of government neglect and conspiracy of foreigners and local vested interests.

--But the marikina shoe manufacturers refuse to die without a fight. They joined together and formed SikapMo...from a dying industry, they are back with renewed strength...with better quality and craftsmanship.

Thats why their sales are up. And they are going strong....They use a flagship name..MARQUINA. With more support from the Pinoys, marami ng magkakatrabaho uli.

--In the case of the truly local auto industry, People who believe--heroic Tsikot PHUv Core Group, the heroic MVPMAP members who came up with the PHUV project , the heroic supporters of the PHUV project in Tsikot, the still fighting heroic native manufacturers especially in Central Luzon and the Visayas region and yours truly with the Development Studies Program of DLSU--we can also bring back the glory days of the Pinoy Vehicles!!!

--we can use the flagship name PHUV!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir jpdm, unti unti n ring nmamatay ang mga sapatusan s marikina because of the higher tax that was implemented by then Mayor BF. Some of them are moving out of the city in favor of San Mateo and Montalban.

May friend ako who's been in business for decades, served as their bread and butter for years but he decided to closed it last year. Why? Couldn't compete with china made shoes. Before, Rusty Lopez and Bench ordering a bulk from them but now have a look where it's maker...China! But im not blaming the Chinese.

I hope once the MVPMAP PhUV will go on production. Our Goverment should show support, tax exempt them and protect the local automaker. Not sometimes but all the time I'm blaming the government why our country can't move on.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Totoo talaga na nag-china na taga marikina. pero unti-unti napuna na ng tao na ang mga made in China stinks. And Rusty Lopez, Mendrez, Celine and bench are shortchanging their customers when they sell poorly crafted low quality china made shoes.

Pero napakalaking pagkakamali ang ginawa nila. Sinira nila ang reputation nila sa paggamit ng marikina. Lalo lang humina benta nila. I hope through SIKAP mo more marikina shoe firms and the local shoe industry will be back in harness.

Ganun din ang dream ko sa truly local auto industry. Actually, the demand is there. Go to the provinces, Napakaraming locally made "native" vehicles.Jeepneys, OTJs, AUVs, tricycles even buses. Ang problema walang standard. Walang organization. Walang isang brand. Ang sakit sa mata ng mga local vehicles. Although meron talagang maganda. Especially yung AUV sa Iloilo, XLT sa Pampanga at yung Valleyforge na Jeepney sa Cavite. Sa Laong, nakita ko ang gaganda ng mga tricycle dun. Sa Cebu,Bohol at DUmaguete, hanep ang mga NOrkis vehicles dun.

Tapos kulang ng finesse ang pagkagawa.

Sa totoo lang yung mga junk second hand vehicle ngayon lalo sa amin, parang may ketong na iniiwasan ng tao ngayon.. Kung halimbawa, 10 yung junk SUVic makita mo, 8 yung may nakalagay na for sale. Starex, Nissan vanette, Lite ace and town ace, enima, surf for sale. balik sa second hand dealer ng local vehicles ang mga tao. (Ot. bakit ang daming second hand na binebentang honda, mitsubishi, mazda at nissan na kotse?masama ba quality o mahal i-maintain kaya pabenta lagi?)

Good thing Tsikot.com is trying to re-invent the Pinoy rides through the Tsikot Auto Design and Research thread. Sigurado naman may pagbabagong darating. Panahon ng mga oligopoly ngayon. Pero pag dating ng araw babalik ang mga true blue transport workhouses ng PInoys--Mga new generation jeepneys, PHUVs, AUVs, tricycles and buses

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    ... Good thing Tsikot.com is trying to re-invent the Pinoy rides through the Tsikot Auto Design and Research thread. Sigurado naman may pagbabagong darating. Panahon ng mga oligopoly ngayon. Pero pag dating ng araw babalik ang mga true blue transport workhouses ng PInoys--Mga new generation jeepneys, PHUVs, AUVs, tricycles and buses
    Wow naman jpdm!
    Ang bigat ng mga prophecy mo!
    Nag-eenjoy lang nung una kaming mga nagpopost dito,
    ngayon ipinasan mo na sa amin ang trabaho ng
    pagrereporma ng industriya.

I don't know if and how we can meet that challenge,
    pero kung yun ang kailangan sa ikauunlad ng bayan,
    I think there is enough fire in the belly among the regular
    posters here to ignite a revolution. I see no harm in trying.

Alalay lang, ingat, pagkakaisa, suwerte at dasal -
    palagay ko kakayanin natin 'to unti-unti, despite the odds.
    Last edited by dprox; September 26th, 2007 at 10:04 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ...despite the odds. hmm... we have a royal flush in here so no worries. if there's an opposition, flush them out.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Local parts makers launch One-Brand project

Local auto parts makers comprising the Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturers Association of the Philippines (MVPMAP) recently launched a project to supply the automotive after-sales market with spare and replacement parts under one common brand.
    Called the One-Brand Project, MVPMAP members will pool their resources together to collectively market and sell their nonproprietary products under a common brand name to supply not only the local auto market but also the export market. MVPMAP will screen the products proposed by members and will then apply its MVPMAP Seal of Approval before a product gets into the program.

This is what I'd been talking about in some of the forums here in our province. To save the "true auto industry" local auto players should work together and market their products into one particular brand to raise awareness and quality.

Masyadong mababa ang awareness ng aftersales tsaka yung mga may auto shops at talyer. Akala nila walang locally made quality spareparts. Its just a matter of information dissemination e.

MVPMAP should vigorously implement this project.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
MVPMAP Statement on the PhUV Feedback Thread in Tsikot.com