New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MVPMAP,

Ano na nangyari sa PHUV nyo? Dapat habang mataas pa rin ang awareness ,continuous pa rin ang press releases nyo...

Any updates about the version 2? I think you should not anymore dismantle the old prototype, improve nyo na lang. Tutal sa mga jeepney owners-operators at transport groups nyo naman ibebenta yan at hindi sa mga may kayang bumili ng mga Japanese AUVs, cars and SUVs.

Now, if you are targetting the buyers of junk SUVs from Subic, you have to come up with a better prototype... anyway...eventually mawawala din mga Subic junks (illegal na) na yan kasi natututo na rin mga Pinoys dahil katulad ng Huey helicopter ng AFP yan...mga running coffins yan.....(nagla-lock ang manibela, naaalis ng manibela, lagi kang magpapa-camber etc, sirang kambyo at transmission......)

Daming nag-a-anticipate ng improved version ng PHUV! Common guys of MVPMAP.....Gising!!!!!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    as I said before, patience is a virtue. a prototype IS a prototype and must undergo tests like a prototype. hence, it is time-bounded. they're fully awake with their coffee filled every minute. just wait for the output to come. while you're waiting, let's try focusing our attention to tsikot.com phuv. they do their work and we do ours. we already gave them our "valuable"{though it's a indeed a bitter pill to swallow, imho} outputs anyway.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post
    [SIZE=3] for a specific target market, a specific price range and specific vehicle applications. It was not intended to either be a "people's car" or a can-do-everything vehicle[/SIZE]
    So para pala kanino ito(not being sarcastic)?

[SIZE=3] sana, for the survival of the local parts making industry, magtagumpay ang PhUV, ang sasakyang tunay na Pinoy. Gawa ng Pinoy, para sa Pinoy. Maraming salamat po……… [/SIZE]
    Lets support the local industry. Go, go, go!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    So para pala kanino ito(not being sarcastic)?
    Lets support the local industry. Go, go, go!
    MVPMAP clarified last July 17 that their PhUV is supposed to be a "farm to market" vehicle.
    So, we are led to suppose that it is for the rural agri folks, mainly.
    Yes, the launch version seemed a bit distant from what most people imagine an F2M vehicle to be. A tough and robust, rustic-looking goods-&-people overloader would be more like it.
    I've begun to imagine it to be something short of a military-looking vehicle. Or maybe one that is "civilianized" enough not to invite hostile fire from rebels and insurgents; and to be acceptable as well on city streets. My 2cents.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The PhUV was then fabricated and assembled on a shoestring budget. No investments were made on expensive molds, dies and jigs. The over 300 local parts were donated by MVPMAP members. The diesel engine was loaned from Dreamco Automotive. The funding was provided by a consortium of ten MVPMAP officers. The engineers gave their services gratis. Even most of the launching needs were donated by friends who had friends who had friends. Despite these limitations and very limited resources, MVPMAP decided to go ahead and develop the PhUV.
    [SIZE=3]I am so proud of these souls involved in bringing PhUV#1 into reality! Actually we Filipinos are born resourceful, we can make something better (if not be the best!) from scrap, trash or anything discarded![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Let me share my experience, agricultural products vs cars!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I've been working on board sea going vessels for nearly 10 years for electrical, electronics and intrumentation maintenance and Japan is one among the ports we've visited around the globe. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When I first set my feet on board a cargo ship (though I started to work on cruise ships..) manned by full Filipino Crew, including the Captain and the Chief Engineer, I was so impressed with the skills of our fellow Filipinos! In fact the Philippines is not as highly industrialized as our co-Asian countires like Japan, Malaysia, China, India - to name few of them. But these young Filipino crew can fix and maintain huge engines and high tech machineries which are not made in the Philippines! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]It was 4 years ago when we brought a bulk load of agricultural products (bananas and mangoes) from the Philippines to Japan when one of the Port worker asked us how many tons of mangoes and bananas we have on our ship. So proud that we are bringing products from our country of origin, we answered nearly 40,000 Tons with chins up! I don't know if this Japanese guy is insulting us or what, because he answered back "oh this whole bulk load of bananas is equivalent to just 10 Japanese cars" and then a grin on his face and he left![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]And now we are on the way of making a vehicle we can call our own! I hope someday my son thru' a ship will bring Philippine made vehicles to other countries! This is my dream for the Philippines! Go go go...MVPMAP, you've already made a big step![/SIZE]
    Last edited by dprox; August 3rd, 2007 at 05:09 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kayer View Post
    So proud that we are bringing products from our country of origin, we answered nearly 40,000 Tons with chins up! I don't know if this Japanese guy is insulting us or what, because he answered back "oh this whole bulk load of bananas is equivalent to just 10 Japanese cars" and then a grin on his face and he left!

And now we are on the way of making a vehicle we can call our own! I hope someday my son thru' a ship will bring Philippine made vihicles to other countries! This is my dream for the Philippines! Go go go...MVPMAP, you've already made a big step!
    I hate to admit it but its true!!!This Japanese definitely have an ALMOST absolute advantage over us. Then again, we are a country with a young population (diosmio 88million na!uragun...hehehe. 12million OFWs. ilan na kayang Pinoy ang permanent resident abroad?),with this potential market, if Filipinos will unite and support the PHUV and the pioneering works of NORKIS regarding small utility vehicles and micro cars--we to can someday export our own vehicles.Kailangan lang talaga magtulungan. Yung Chery nga 10 years lang may itsura na at maganda.Although di pa kasing quality ng Japanese at Korean cars..Bakit ilan taon na ba yang mga sasakyang hapon at koreano nayan. DAPAT TAYO DIN.

Matindi ang talents ng Pinoy. I-harness ito.

KAYA DAPAT ANG MVPMAP KUNG TALAGANG SERYOSO NA MAILIGTAS ANG INDUSTRIYA LALO NA MEMBERS NILA,MEDYO SILA MISMO MAGKASUNDO-SUNDO AT AYUSIN KILOS NILA. AKO NA AVID SUPPORTER NILA AY NADI-DISMAYA NA RIN KASI SNUBBISH SILA E.ILAN BESES KONG TINAWAGAN YUNG OFFICE NILA GALIT PA YUNG SUMASAGOT. LECHE PLAN!(SARAP....HEHEHE)BUTI NALANG MAY KUMAUSAP NA SA AKIN NA TAGA MVPMAP.aBA AY GUSTO KO NGA NA I-EXPOSE ITO SA PROBINSYA NAMIN E AYAW PA ATA NILA.MVPMAP GISING!!!!
    Last edited by dprox; August 3rd, 2007 at 05:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    After World War II, Honda was making motorized bicycles and Filipino vehicle manufacturers were making jeepneys from surplus jeeps. Honda, as we all know, went on to become a world class motorcycle and auto manufacturer while our local vehicle manufacturers are struggling or went under.

One possible reason for this is our lack of vision. While our manufacturers were contented with making products for the local market, Honda had the foresight to think globally. And unlike Filipinos who believe in talent, Honda did not just rely on individual abilities. Honda bought the best machine tools.

From Honda's website:
    http://world.honda.com/history/limit...n/text/01.html

"If you’re not Number One in the world you can’t be the Number One in Japan!" (Soichiro Honda, 1952).

"I have always said that all my efforts are devoted to my wish to satisfy my customers by manufacturing good-quality products at low prices. However, I do not think we have yet completely succeeded in achieving this aim in terms of capacity, design, or price....but although we are now the top makers in Japan, I feel an unbearable sense of shame when I look at our present level of performance from a global perspective...I am well aware that there is still a huge gap between our products and those of advanced countries like Britain and the U.S.A....In order to realize our creativity and inventiveness, we need the very best machinery. There is an old saying that ‘A bad workman blames his tools’. I have taken a major decision to purchase the world’s best machine tools." (Soichiro Honda, 1952).

Around this time the import of European and American motorcycles was resumed on a small scale and the difference between their bikes and Honda’s could be clearly seen on Japan’s roads. When people riding Japanese bikes–including Hondas–were pitted against foreign bikes, they always came off second best.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MVPMAP, have you abandoned the PHUV project???Dont please...............

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    siyempre hindi noh! they are still on the drawing board for the 2nd prototype. i assure you, they hired(paid or not) the best of the best designers on the planet this time. no need to worry.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MVPMAP.....nagpapautang na DBP sa mga gustong magpasada......i-market nyo na sa mga coop at transport group yung PHUV..........

Go, go PHUV..................

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
MVPMAP Statement on the PhUV Feedback Thread in Tsikot.com