New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Uy, OyiL, kala ko interested ka mula sa umpisa!?!

Anyways, go for it. I am sure you will be able to come up with several interesting designs. Ikaw pa!
    i meant coming up with serious concepts. hindi unrealistic art.
    Last edited by dprox; June 11th, 2008 at 05:10 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hehe. I know what you mean. Well, having a physical platform often helps a lot in restraining the artistic mind from producing unrealistic designs.

Can't wait to see what you will produce.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tutal merun ng target engine (F6A) may be we should get/use the full specs nito para pagnagdesign ay shoot na agad... minimal revisions na.

i find the Daihatsu Copen a good simple sportscar design na pang student (2 seater lang) ... nookie and pogi points while in college.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    oh. we are just waiting for jing to finish the BOM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hehe. I know what you mean. Well, having a physical platform often helps a lot in restraining the artistic mind from producing unrealistic designs.

Can't wait to see what you will produce.

The way they import the kei cars is to chop them up into four pieces so structural integrity will be suspect. Besides we don't like the shape. We will just use the engine, tranny, seats (re-upholstered), the window riser mechanisms, the steering wheel assembly, the a/c, the suspension. We won't be using the doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, lights, glass, etc.

I would suggest you get in touch with jing if you want to use the same space frame. Of course, you are welcome (actually encouraged) to design your own. If you chose this approach, try to consider using as many of the modular components we have designed.
    then it would be good if we can have the 3d of the spaceframe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    We revised slightly the door design for the kei car last night but the space frame specs should be unchanged. Just pm XXX for that. At this stage, we are using sketchup but once everything is set, we will transfer to Autocad for the shop drawings.
    Last edited by dprox; June 11th, 2008 at 05:25 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    aren't we gonna lose the surprise factor here? nasa labas pala tayo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ^Been wondering about that. Discussions on the details of the planned local kei car can be continued in another place.

What will the body be made of - fiberglass or steel?

A Pinoy made kei car can be competitive if:

1) it is cheaper.
    2) it has a "wow" or "cute" styling specially in the regular car and the sports car category. This means having compound curves (bent in two directions). Those in the van, truck or mini-SUV category can get away with flat panels.
    3) it is more economical to run (by having a lightweight body) or
    4) it is a pocket rocket (with turbo or supercharger).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sorry double post.
    Last edited by architect; June 8th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Given where we are now in the project, I think it is high time others get a clue re our progress.

As for the surprise - I think it is only the naysayers who will be surprised.

As for the details, we can continue to discuss it offline and in private. We can continue our general discussion here.

Part of the my objective in opening up the discussion is to elicit responses from tsikoteers re our choice of category (kei) and engine (F6A). We have been proactively getting feedback out in the physical world but obviously are also interested in what our fellow tsikoteers have to say.

And lastly, as of tonight, I think there are pledges for three prototypes already.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Let's discuss kei cars...