New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Why are native manufacturers from Western Visayas and Pampanga more receptive to a better looking jeepneys and AUVs?

for example, when I went to Guimaras and Iloilo, hanep sa ganda yung mga pampasaherong AUV dun, mga CRV look alike ang nguso at hindi matagtag kasi naka coil spring daw sa harap at magandang leaf spring sa likod. Mukhang mas mabilis at magaang sa mga dyip dito Cavite.

Sa Cavite kasi, di mo malaman kung yung jeepney, tangke, armored truck o kabaong sa dami ng bakal at burloloy na nakalagay.YUng sa Marikina at Cogeo parang nakasakay ka sa kabaong papunta impiyerno (with marching suspicious looking and Greek mythology monster looking driver and alalay...hehe

Bakit dito sa LUzon, notably, Sarao, FMC and Cavite fabricators refuses to learn...kaya dinosaur na sila.
    Last edited by jpdm; April 21st, 2008 at 07:26 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Why are native manufacturers from Western Visayas and Pampanga more receptive to a better looking jeepneys and AUVs?

for example, when I went to Guimaras and Iloilo, hanep sa ganda yung mga pampasaherong AUV dun, mga CRV look alike ang nguso at hindi matagtag kasi naka coil spring daw sa harap at magandang leaf spring sa likod. Mukhang mas mabilis at magaang sa mga dyip dito Cavite.

Sa Cavite kasi, di mo malaman kung yung jeepney, tangke, armored truck o kabaong sa dami ng bakal at burloloy na nakalagay.YUng sa Marikina at Cogeo parang nakasakay ka sa kabaong papunta impiyerno (with marching suspicious looking and Greek mythology monster looking driver and alalay...hehe

Bakit dito sa LUzon, notably, Sarao, FMC and Cavite fabricators refuses to learn...kaya dinosaur na sila.
    Oo nga eh, nagtataka rin ako eh. I heard of this guy who brought in the workers from Iloilo to make the Iloilo style jeepneys here in Manila. But I dont know who he is or where...

Also, I was a bit disaapointed in my last trip to Iloilo to see that most of their jeepneys have lost their color and finish. perhaps because of the high price of materials, they were starting to look more like the plain GI jeepneys here in Manila.

Now, I stayed in one of the hotels in Iloilo, and they had a jeepney for a limousine... Because the nice Iloilo style jeepneys are a norm at their place, their "special" jeepney was one made by Sarao. So I suppose it really isnt always that our jeepney makers here arent learning, its just that our jeepneys here are considered special when they go there.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    However, allow me to qualify what you mean by "government leading the way". In the constitutional democracy that our country is supposed to be, the engine of the economy and national life is not government, but private enterprise. The initiative does not and should not belong to government. If it does, then that is the fastest way for the citizenry to be enslaved by its own "leaders".

WE, THE PEOPLE, MUST TAKE THE INITATIVE. The role of Government is to facilitate and support our pursuit of happiness, in an environment of freedom and social responsibility.

I have ended up thinking that for any enterprise to succeed, it must psyche itself to operate with or without any help from government. Any help the government can give would however be most welcome.
    I agree with this somewhat. The problem here though is buti na lang if the government doesnt try to help us... But the problem is the government even tries to milk private enterprises and even kills them in favor of foreigners!

If you put up an enterprise, you have to file sooo many permits, ang daming hihingi ng pera sa iyo before you can get these done! Then finally when you report your taxes, the BIR does not believe you and threatens to bring you to jail! Tapos, to get you fire permit, the fireman will also not give you any permits unless...

Then there's the government who will "support" you by ordering 100 units of your vehicle... then will not pay you until after 2 years pa! Unless you are a famous politician, wherein you can even get paid before you deliver the goods, ordinary people are kawawa!

I mean, this isnt just the government not helping us. Pwede pa sana yun... but this is the Government KILLING us! and continually putting us hostage with their power!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Agree!!!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Dudes, share ko lang, i just saw this a while ago at roadandtrack.com

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6760

Ginaya ng mga Chinese car makers ang Mini, Xb, X5, CLK, Smart car
    Last edited by uls; April 25th, 2008 at 09:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Dudes, share ko lang, i just saw this a while ago at roadandtrack.com

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6760

Ginaya ng mga Chinese car makers ang Mini, Xb, X5, CLK, Smart car

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one classic example is yung mini suv ng chery. looks like a rav4.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ang galing nung X5 clone...

sobra gaya...

BMW will sue them if they sell it outside China.

The Chinese carmaker said the govt allowed them to make the X5 clone.

hahaha

Yan ang gusto kong gobyerno...

Support local industry

hehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Bunch of pirates.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ganda ng Nexus Hover(Isuzu Axiom) ok ang porma

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Learn from The  Chinese and Indian Auto Industry Model