Jan 2003
    A gallery of T-rex cars, a USD40K 3 wheeler - http://www.go-t-rex.com/

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    A bit expensive for such a minimalist vehicle. I believe that for a sporty three-wheeler to sell in the Philippines, it must not cost more than the cheapest brand new four-wheeled car.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *wildthing

one of the original group advocates is ehnriko, who has designed a three wheeler sports car - http://ehnriko.bravehost.com/concepts/trima.htm (gt250)

He is currently based overseas but is planning to come back end of July. I am planning to order one unit from him, pending registration and safety issues. (Reckless bus drivers might easily miss its low profile.) Exact configuration will depend on the price.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    *wildthing

one of the original group advocates is ehnriko, who has designed a three wheeler sports car - http://ehnriko.bravehost.com/concepts/trima.htm (gt250)

He is currently based overseas but is planning to come back end of July. I am planning to order one unit from him, pending registration and safety issues. (Reckless bus drivers might easily miss its low profile.) Exact configuration will depend on the price.
    On this Trima vehicle, since it is supposed to work off a motorcycle engine, I'd like to ask a couple of questions...

1. Aren't motorcycle engines much more polluting than your standard auto engine?

2. Can a motorcycle engine operate an A/C unit's compressor?

3. Seems to me the safety features were more implied than explained. I'd like to know what safety features will keep such a low profile vehicle from being run over by a bus or crashing and sliding under a truck. Just thinking in philippine traffic/road conditions terms....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ogpro View Post
    1. Aren't motorcycle engines much more polluting than your standard auto engine?

2. Can a motorcycle engine operate an A/C unit's compressor?

3. Seems to me the safety features were more implied than explained. I'd like to know what safety features will keep such a low profile vehicle from being run over by a bus or crashing and sliding under a truck. Just thinking in philippine traffic/road conditions terms....
    in my views:

1) Motorcycle engines na 2 stroke are bad... in terms of air pollution than 4 stroke... but they are definitely polluting less (being single pistons) than car engines that are 6 cylinder.

2) yes motorcycle engine can operate a/c unit BUT with limits... RPM of engine and torque of the engine.... I think mahihirapan ang small displacement motorcycle engines to run an a/c lalo na kung single cylinder lang ito and it is running a cargo load at the same time. Yun ngang 3K na makina ng toyota which is 1200cc hirap pagmeron aircon yung oto.... (pero mabigat din kasi yung load ng toyota na car).

3) your risk of being run over by a bigger vehicle with a stupid driver remains the same when you are riding a motorcycle or a bike in the streets... the key is not to make the car TOO small (like a go-kart) and use all necessary safety precautions (like brightly colored, signal ligts, light reflectors, headlights etc).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *wildthing, ogpro,

Unfortunately I don't have the answers to your questions although I do share your concerns. That is why I am waiting for ehnriko to come home so that I can ask the same questions.

However he does get to log on from time to time. Hopefully he might see this thread and answer the issues before then.

In the meantime, good luck!

Actually am surprised the rest of the gang haven't jumped in - drey, safeorigin, proxies, foifoi05, oyIL, where are you guys?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    *wildthing, ogpro,

Unfortunately I don't have the answers to your questions although I do share your concerns. That is why I am waiting for ehnriko to come home so that I can ask the same questions.

However he does get to log on from time to time. Hopefully he might see this thread and answer the issues before then.

In the meantime, good luck!

Actually am surprised the rest of the gang haven't jumped in - drey, safeorigin, proxies, foifoi05, oyIL, where are you guys?
    around, aware and raring to dive-in. but i dont want to lose focus.

i'll come up with something to jump-start this one, dont worry.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    in my views:

1) Motorcycle engines na 2 stroke are bad... in terms of air pollution than 4 stroke... but they are definitely polluting less (being single pistons) than car engines that are 6 cylinder.
    What about compared to a small 4 cyl which is what it will most likely be compared with?

2) yes motorcycle engine can operate a/c unit BUT with limits... RPM of engine and torque of the engine.... I think mahihirapan ang small displacement motorcycle engines to run an a/c lalo na kung single cylinder lang ito and it is running a cargo load at the same time. Yun ngang 3K na makina ng toyota which is 1200cc hirap pagmeron aircon yung oto.... (pero mabigat din kasi yung load ng toyota na car).
    Zactly. An engine that is straining is also less efficient and more polluting.

3) your risk of being run over by a bigger vehicle with a stupid driver remains the same when you are riding a motorcycle or a bike in the streets... the key is not to make the car TOO small (like a go-kart) and use all necessary safety precautions (like brightly colored, signal ligts, light reflectors, headlights etc).
    I would not put this Trima on the same level as motorcycles, just because it has a motorcycle engine.

The thing is, with a motorcycle, you are mostly alone and are MORE careful. People will have the tendency to assume the added safety when surrounded by 4 walls, and will operate the Trima with relatively less care at higher rates of speed. Not only will this vehicle have the capability to carry a passenger (an extra life to worry about) but its bigger footprint will also be occupying the same roads as other much larger 4-wheeled vehicles. It stands to reason that it will figure in more fender benders than your average MC. I'd consider impact protection not just from OTHER cars but also in the case of the Trima hitting another vehicle or stationary object. Safety equipment can mean the difference between just a dented body panel or a broken leg.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
3 Wheelers