New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayhero View Post
    I've been putting gas from there ever since I got my car din last December. So I don't know if what they said is true.

But apparently there's diesel mixed with the Blaze.
    Sounds like they were just putting the blame elsewhere (in this case Petron) so it won't be covered by the warranty. Did they show you the test results?
    I've loaded fuel at the Makati Ave branch of Petron a couple of times, and so far no problem.
    Last edited by AG4; April 30th, 2013 at 02:41 AM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Sounds like they were just putting the blame elsewhere (in this case Petron) so it won't be covered by the warranty. Did they show you the test results?
    I've loaded fuel at the Makati Ave branch of Petron a couple of times, and so far no problem.
    No they haven't shown the test results. I doubt they will.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Wow! Surprised to hear that kind of problem from a premium marque. And I suppose that sometimes, we tend to favor the premium brands to avoid these kinds of hassles, apparently not.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Wow! Surprised to hear that kind of problem from a premium marque. And I suppose that sometimes, we tend to favor the premium brands to avoid these kinds of hassles, apparently not.
    Yes so true. The car is good but it's the service that's absolutely horrible. After speaking to other friends with Audis, they would rather not deal with PGA if it weren't for the warranty.

Prestige Cars, CATS, Mini, and Volvo all good service I hear.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I have several friends who has nothing but good remarks about their volvo units and that goes for their after sales too.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayhero View Post
    Yes so true. The car is good but it's the service that's absolutely horrible. After speaking to other friends with Audis, they would rather not deal with PGA if it weren't for the warranty.
    Whats the use of the warranty if PGA won't honor it anyway.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tricky if it's a fuel problem. This is not the first time I've heard of issues with direct injection engines due to contaminated gasoline. Especially boosted direct injection engines.

When the car died the second time, definitely their fault. If they suspected a fuel issue, they should have drained the tank!

I suggest filling up at a different station. A tiny bit of diesel or impurity in gasoline will not hurt most cars, but on a direct injection engine, it can be deadly. Even if V-Power has ethanol, you might want to run it, anyway.

Also, don't let the car sit for too long with the same gas in the tank. Stale fuel and varnishing are also bad for high pressure fuel pumps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Whats the use of the warranty if PGA won't honor it anyway.
    Yun na nga. Apparently they had to pay the BIR billions and the owner is tied up with lots of lawsuits. Kaya siguro trying to milk every penny from customers. Plus even if Audi has a 5 year warranty compared to other cars that's just 2 years, I think they're trying to charge everything they can to make back the money for the extra 3 years.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Tricky if it's a fuel problem. This is not the first time I've heard of issues with direct injection engines due to contaminated gasoline. Especially boosted direct injection engines.

When the car died the second time, definitely their fault. If they suspected a fuel issue, they should have drained the tank!

I suggest filling up at a different station. A tiny bit of diesel or impurity in gasoline will not hurt mThost cars, but on a direct injection engine, it can be deadly. Even if V-Power has ethanol, you might want to run it, anyway.

Also, don't let the car sit for too long with the same gas in the tank. Stale fuel and varnishing are also bad for high pressure fuel pumps.

Thanks! I've switched to Shell V Power Nitro which is 97 octane. The car has been running great since.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi folks..Thanks for your comment and question
    for using this forum site.
    Audi A1 broke down after 4 months, PGA Cars horrible service, you should ask with your
    friends..they can give you right suggestion.

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast