New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi peeps!

I'm new here and I'm hoping that you guys can help me about my car problem. Here's the situation:

I have a 7G (mitsubishi), Lately it was emitting WHITE SMOKE (even on idle), loosing Oil and the temp would rise sa traffic. I checked the radiator and the reservoir and found out na may oil sa loob..

My questions are:

1. May connection ba ung White Smoke - Loosing Oil - Rising Temp?
    2. What does white smoke mean?
    3. Kailangan ba ng Top OH, if yes how much kaya yung magagastos?

Thanks for those who will reply!

-
    Optiplex

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    bro, base lang sa mga nabasa ko na...

white smoke: cylinder head gasket mo, may singaw..pumapasok ang tubig sa makina..(tama ba ako?)
    overheating: obviously, pag may singaw ang head gasket, mauubos ang tubig mo so kukulangin talaga ang tubig sa radiator which causes the temp gauge para tumaas...
    loosing oil: baka valve seals or piston ring...

kung makakaya ng top OH, pwede...mas makakatipid ka...pero wait pa natin mga gurus dyan...

top OH: labor siguro mga 2.5-3k..except mga gaskets and seals...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buraot View Post
    bro, base lang sa mga nabasa ko na...

white smoke: cylinder head gasket mo, may singaw..pumapasok ang tubig sa makina..(tama ba ako?)
    overheating: obviously, pag may singaw ang head gasket, mauubos ang tubig mo so kukulangin talaga ang tubig sa radiator which causes the temp gauge para tumaas...
    loosing oil: baka valve seals or piston ring...

kung makakaya ng top OH, pwede...mas makakatipid ka...pero wait pa natin mga gurus dyan...

top OH: labor siguro mga 2.5-3k..except mga gaskets and seals...

Thanks sa reply!

Suspect ko sa nawawalang oil is that napupunta sa radiator.. Pag check ko ng radiator, maraming oil yung cover...

Can Top OH do the trick?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    98% of the times it's the headgasket... oil goes to the radiator, then to the reservoir... How many miles/km's on your car? Do you beat on your car a lot? Make sure to mainatain your Mistu properly and timely, and always keep an eye on such... You have probably overheated a few times before, which is the most common reason of headgasket issues... GL

Joven

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    98% of the times it's the headgasket... oil goes to the radiator, then to the reservoir... How many miles/km's on your car? Do you beat on your car a lot? Make sure to mainatain your Mistu properly and timely, and always keep an eye on such... You have probably overheated a few times before, which is the most common reason of headgasket issues... GL

Joven
    100K plus mileage. Nag overheat na ako nun and kakapalit nung headgasket mga 3 mos ago... usually tumataas ang temp pag traffic and may oil yung radiator cover..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by optiplex View Post
    100K plus mileage. Nag overheat na ako nun and kakapalit nung headgasket mga 3 mos ago... usually tumataas ang temp pag traffic and may oil yung radiator cover..

nag overheat ka na pala...at napalitan na ang head gasket...? dapat ndi na sisingaw yan..have you checked your cylinder head? baka nag-warped at dapat ire-surface?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buraot View Post
    nag overheat ka na pala...at napalitan na ang head gasket...? dapat ndi na sisingaw yan..have you checked your cylinder head? baka nag-warped at dapat ire-surface?
    one more thing that i noticed, parang steam ung lumalabas sa exhaust.. pag nagtapat ako ng metal sa exhaust nag m moist yung metal so i guess steam yung lumalabas... top OH ba kailangan?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    siguro ni resurface naman ng mekaniko mo yung head bago nya binalik. check mo head mo kung may cracks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bro, tingin ko kailangan mo eh gen OH na. Baka pati yung mga pistons ay may tama na rin due to overheating before.

Mas safe ay patingnan mo na agad at baka lumala pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at the very minimum, head gasket replacement with machining of cylinder head. check also the engine block, may also need refacing. if the block needs machining then no other choice but to do a complete overhaul (all the internals will be removed during machining so better to do an overhaul).

the worst, warped or cracked cylinder head. better to buy a surplus long block engine than to buy a surplus cylinder head that you may have to machine later. price difference is also minimal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
White Smoke, Overheating and Loosing Oil