New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When do you know it's time to replace the fan & motor assembly. I have a 2002 Urvan and the casa recommended replacing the fan & motor assembly kahit wala akong naririnig or nararamdaman na kakaiba. What do I have to look out for to be sure it is time to replace? Ang mahal kasi, P13,717.50 for a new fan & motor assembly + P983 sa labor.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by luloym View Post
    When do you know it's time to replace the fan & motor assembly. I have a 2002 Urvan and the casa recommended replacing the fan & motor assembly kahit wala akong naririnig or nararamdaman na kakaiba. What do I have to look out for to be sure it is time to replace? Ang mahal kasi, P13,717.50 for a new fan & motor assembly + P983 sa labor.
    alas, i don't think it's in the manual or maintenance schedule. in my experience, i was having overheating problems in my sentra. i thought my fan was ok, until the mechanic showed me a new unit and just how strong the wind should be.. and if you are willing to gamble, you can probably save a lot (over 50%) if you have it done outside the casa. the fan is a low-tech part; any decent mechanic should be able to do it. just be sure you get a good replacement (japan sana and not taiwan).

actually, before the overheating, i first brought the car to the casa for another problem. they fixed the problem, and recommended i replace both fans because they were about to fail. hindi ako naniwala dahil malakas pa naman ang hangin. nag-overheat. pinagawa ko sa labas. pinalitan ko yung mahinang fan. after a few weeks, the other fan also slowed down and i had to replace it.
    i guess it means, if their mechanic says replace it, we replace it.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 23rd, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks. buong assembly kasi pinapalitan. from my experience sa casa, laging buo kung mag-replace kahit isang part lang may diperensya. don't know if I should just replace the fan and the motor is still okay, or if I should replace the whole assembly. how do I check?

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by luloym View Post
    thanks. buong assembly kasi pinapalitan. from my experience sa casa, laging buo kung mag-replace kahit isang part lang may diperensya. don't know if I should just replace the fan and the motor is still okay, or if I should replace the whole assembly. how do I check?
    Usually sir yung motor po pinapalitan.. may mga ibang motor na pwede repair.. pero if I where you replace na lang ng fan motor... Sa sentra ko dati Series 4 I think 900, replacement lang, ang fan motor then ako na lang nag replace.. Cguro P200 lang labor ng ganoon or 250

kung wala namang tama yung blades, just replace the motor and have it done outside. going prices ng bnew motors na japan is around 3-4k. Kung taiwan (circuit brand), between 1-2k depending on the model. Labor mura lang baka less than P300 lang yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede ba sa urvan yung bnew japan motor for 3-4k. where can I buy one?

pabaklas mo muna yung fan assembly, remove the blade then remove the motor itself para may dala kang sample then check with auto supplies.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    pabaklas mo muna yung fan assembly, remove the blade then remove the motor itself para may dala kang sample then check with auto supplies.
    pinapa-gawa ko to. parusa kung sarili gagawa.
    motor lang ang pinapalitan, unless your housing is damaged..
    some motors can be rebuilt. ours can't. throw-away fan motors..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Unless there's something special with that fan and they are willing to warrant it for 10 years that price isn't justified as is.

Try your other options outside. Fans shouldn't cost that much.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Wow .. a fan motor worth its weight in gold!

Marami sa mga auto supply nyan sa labas. Buy there and have your neighborhood greaser replace it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast