New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    I dont know if this is the right section for this thread. I have a question about this Vespa Air compressor. I just recently bought this air compressor with a spec of 1/4hp, Ey10 type, 46displacement, single piston date 2017 with a pressure of 5kg/cm2. May I ask what oil does it use because i cant see oil in the oil level window. Is it a motor oil or anything else? And how will i take care of it to prolonge its life. Do i need to empty the tanks each time after i use it?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post
    I dont know if this is the right section for this thread. I have a question about this Vespa Air compressor. I just recently bought this air compressor with a spec of 1/4hp, Ey10 type, 46displacement, single piston date 2017 with a pressure of 5kg/cm2. May I ask what oil does it use because i cant see oil in the oil level window. Is it a motor oil or anything else? And how will i take care of it to prolonge its life. Do i need to empty the tanks each time after i use it?
    Ask a local vulcanizing or auto repair shop. They have that usually so most probably they can give you some idea.

Regarding emptying it all the time, it depends kung saan mo ginagamit. If general purpose no need naman na daily. Pero if you blow air to sensitive parts/machines that hate water vapor then maybe you have to do it.

Let's wait for others to chime in.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post

Air compressors require non foaming, non detergent oils.
    Hydraulic oil with viscosity of 10 will fit this description. Power steering fluid also fits this description

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I use ATF.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I use ATF.

ATF talaga? Hehe. Motor oil daw. It means motorcycle engine oil?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ask a local vulcanizing or auto repair shop. They have that usually so most probably they can give you some idea.

Regarding emptying it all the time, it depends kung saan mo ginagamit. If general purpose no need naman na daily. Pero if you blow air to sensitive parts/machines that hate water vapor then maybe you have to do it.

Let's wait for others to chime in.
    I just use it everytime i inflate my tires. Maybe once a month like that.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

I have a compressor just like yours. Almost a year na rin with me. I change the oil every 2 months. Yes, I use ATF (the regular stuff lang). Ok naman so far.

I use it to clean my filters, air-up my tyres, power my pneumatic tools.

I drain the air tank prior to using it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

I have a compressor just like yours. Almost a year na rin with me. I change the oil every 2 months. Yes, I use ATF (the regular stuff lang). Ok naman so far.

I use it to clean my filters, air-up my tyres, power my pneumatic tools.

I drain the air tank prior to using it.
    where is the location of the oil drain plug? is it the oil level window?