New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello mga paps

how often do we change the thermostat of the cooling system (i.e. months, years or mileage reading)?

have installed one 82C MD997606 for a mitsubishi 4d56turbo. so far no overcooling on highways and overheating on traffic. operating temperatures is within the first and second line of the stock electric temp gage while 180 (82C) to just a bit higher than 200 F (93C) on the mechanical gage.
    TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    walang specific time for replace ment ito, pero kung gusto mo pwede itong i check kung still functioning,

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i dont know exactly the correct normal temp reading of diesel engines but based on your readings in gas engines that seems to be normal,i think but not sure youll be fine because the only time to replace thermostat is when it gets bad like stuck open,stuck close or weak spring and the only way to check it,is to take it out and test it.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    salamat sir raine and sir ridge,

by my knowledge, operating temperature of diesels is higher than their gas counterparts...since diesel is oil and does not vaporize easily as compared to gas thus a higher temp to be able to help in atomizing the diesel fuel oil.

Thermostat replacement interval