New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Try mo rin na lagyan ng water coolant radiator mo baka makatulong para bumaba ang temperature ng engine mo. Kung wala pang nakalagay.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dest View Post
    Sir Musta na yong Everest niyo. OK na ba? Pag di OK Subukan niyong pumunta first week ng October sa Shop na ito? Hanapin niyo na lang si Fermin.

Fermin Auto Aircon Electrical and Radiator Repair Shop
    Was able to trace the problem.. Dirty radiator.. Its ok now..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Try mo rin na lagyan ng water coolant radiator mo baka makatulong para bumaba ang temperature ng engine mo. Kung wala pang nakalagay.
    I did use 50:50 distilled water and coolant.. Siguro madumi na din, weird nga lang kasi around 10,000 kms pa lang tinakbo ng everest ko since I last changed.. What i did now is drain the collant/water, flushed it with a hose for around 5 mins, then poured Wilkins then added Red Line Water Wetter, no longer used any coolant.. Just one bottle of this water wetter is what I did.. Also added an aux fan.. Naging ok naman na..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kailangan ma inspect na ng tech yan para malaman kung normal ang pagtaas or something's wrong with the vehicle.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brellrain View Post
    I did use 50:50 distilled water and coolant.. Siguro madumi na din, weird nga lang kasi around 10,000 kms pa lang tinakbo ng everest ko since I last changed.. What i did now is drain the collant/water, flushed it with a hose for around 5 mins, then poured Wilkins then added Red Line Water Wetter, no longer used any coolant.. Just one bottle of this water wetter is what I did.. Also added an aux fan.. Naging ok naman na..

Friendly advice:
    Coolant still your best cooling protection. Of course coolant are not silver bullet but its been using the car manufacturer since then. If you start using that product, youve better start searching the net if that is scientifically accepted in the automotive industry(not what that company said). You'll probably putting more risk your engine than good. Like Bambino said have some body inspect your cooling system. Also keep in mind that coolant mix only with destilled water not TAP water. Pre-mixed coolant is your best bet.

Let me add this also.. Your engine is designed to operate within a specified temperature range. If it doesn't get hot enough, the fuel injection system doesn't work right. If it gets too hot, then engine damage occurs. What keeps your engine in the right temperature range? The thermostats. They constantly open and close to moderate the coolant temperature, and when they wear out the engine temperature starts to fluctuate too much.

This is only a friendly advice, but still the decision is yours.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; September 27th, 2009 at 04:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the advise sir, but there's nothing wrong with my cooling system.. As of now, my temp gauge no longer goes up even when I rev the engine up to 3000 RPM.. Also, someone told me that if your going to travel long distances, don't put the thermostat in the Max setting, make it 3/4s or even 1/2 so the compressor can get some rest.. I never used tap water ever since.. Only wilkins or absolute whichever is available at the time..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Temp gauge going up and down