New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Kadalasan iyong madalas mangyari pag traffic nag ooverheat dahil nakahinto at hindi nakakasagap ng hangin baliktad iyong sa iyo . Ang mga cause ng overheat check mo na lang Radiator maaring barado , Sirang radiator cap, radiator hose may leak . Nagbabawas ba ng tubig check mo kung may leak sa mga clamp ng hose. Sa tingin ko sa video barado iyong radiator mo pa check mo muna sa gumagawa ng radiator. Ganoon muna gawin mo at sabihin mo sa amin resulta.
    yes, baligtad nga... i have searched the www but no definite answer i hav come acrossd so far. actually, i am the one doing minor car repairs and maintenance, both mechanical and electrical, sa cars namin and this is the first time i have encountered this problem. but for sure, i am certain na no problem sa fans, radiator and hindi rin nagbabawas ng tubig.

and, as ive said earlier, nawala na yung visible bubbles after i re-torqued the CH. one thing i notice though, which convinced myself na HG leak na ciguro ang actual problem, i noticed na parang meron konting smoke sa radiator pag start kahit di pa mainit engine. i am now planning to look for leak test kit to analyze the trouble further and , worse case scenario, to replace the HG... any recommendation where i can buy the kit? regards....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i installed new thermostat today and guess what, this is my unlucky day...

the symptoms for HG or cylinder head problem became more apparent, bubbles coming out of the radiator and smell of burned gas...

guys, any idea how much i need to prepare?

likewise, any recommended shop preferably in bulacan area with quality work at reasonable price will be highly appreciated... many thnks in advance..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i have a similar problem with my 97 Accord. It overheats when driving at NLEX/SLEX sustained speeds of 100 ~ 120 Kph with the A/C on ... but when the A/C is off it has no issues ...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post
    i have a similar problem with my 97 Accord. It overheats when driving at NLEX/SLEX sustained speeds of 100 ~ 120 Kph with the A/C on ... but when the A/C is off it has no issues ...
    any update sa car mo bro? di ko pa rin na repair yung sakin. Im still looking for a good shop...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    any update sa car mo bro? di ko pa rin na repair yung sakin. Im still looking for a good shop...
    pina overhaul ko yung radiator and nag palit ako ng tamang radiator cap from 0.9 bar to 1.1 bar, and nag lagay na ako ng 60/40 coolant/water mix ... ayun ok na, nag test drive ako nung sabado sa SLEX, wala nang overheat kahit naka aircon ... yun nga lang hindi tirik yung araw nung sabado

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    nag pa kabit din pala ako ng thermostat kina speedyfix

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post
    pina overhaul ko yung radiator and nag palit ako ng tamang radiator cap from 0.9 bar to 1.1 bar, and nag lagay na ako ng 60/40 coolant/water mix ... ayun ok na, nag test drive ako nung sabado sa SLEX, wala nang overheat kahit naka aircon ... yun nga lang hindi tirik yung araw nung sabado
    good to hear that bro, at least cooling system lang naging probs ng oto mo. sakin sobra sakit sa ulo, malamang HG na and worse bka cyl head pa..

i'll take this opportunity na.... guys bka me idea kayo how much approx gastos papalit ng gasket, assuming yon lang sira, or pag top overhaul na... many thanks in adv.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *phezthie : kala ko din busted HG yung sakin kasi may bubbles minsan sa rad. Pero may ritual pala yan muna ...this is what i did after I flushed and refilled my rad with coolant:

With the rad cap OFF, have the engine running at operating temp - wait for the rad fan to automatically turn on twice (just to be sure) - this means the coolant is hot enough to cause the thermostat to open and circulate coolant into the whole cooling system.

Next, I bled the trapped air via the bleed valve - open the valve and let the coolant flow until no more air comes out. Top off the coolant.

After that and you are sure there isn't any more air trapped in the system - Do the observation of tiny bubbles in the rad for checking if you have a busted HG.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    tnx sleepsus sa advise. actually i did it already, and so many other things including those suggested by speedyfix, but all to no avail that is why i am more convinced that mine is an HG problem, the most i hope.

btw, i hope speedyfix could accommodate my queries (approx expenses) posted above...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    speedyfix (migs) is a great guy, he and his crew will surely accommodate you. Goodluck bro!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
small bubbles in radiator, busted HG?