New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sobra init ng hood ng Lancer EL. ko. Abot ng 60°C.
    Nagpa install ako kasi dati ng Mandrel Bend 421 Header. Galvanized Iron. Hindi naman ako na advice sa Mufflerland na balutin ito ng thermal wrap. Dahil sobra magbigay ng init ito sa engine hood.
    Medyo start na mangalawang. Balak ko lagyan muna ng Rust Converter bago balutin ng Thermal Wrap.

Ano kaya magandang brand and how much kaya?

Ito picture ng mandrel bend 421 header ko.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mandrel-bend-421-header.jpg  
    Last edited by Chinoi; April 11th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    i read about Titanium Exhaust wrap...try to check kung available na sa Pinas

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Meron for sale in Sulit for P1,300 Cool IT Thermotec .Pasok sa budget ko.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cool-thermotec.jpg  
    Last edited by Chinoi; April 12th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Before proceeding wrapping my Mandrel |Bent header 421. I have to send it o welder to fill up gap between 2 pipes. Mufflerland made a very poor job and also port holes of cylinder head and header plate hole was not properly aligned. I have to grind off the header hole to correct the alignment of holes.

Picture of poor quality work of header with gap.

I have to grind off mark with white paint that was misaligned portion of header plate holes. Almost all 4 holes have obstruction.

Finished DIY repair and wrapping of my Header

Last edited by Chinoi; April 17th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My engine now runs quietly and engine vibration was greatly reduced. My vacuum gauge reads 10 hmg when accelerating instead of 0-5hg.This means engine have better performance. Probably due to correction or alignment of engine exhaust port hole to header and exhaust gases now flow freely.

My only problem now was that exhaust pipe was too hot. Smoke was emitted in my muffler due to burning of previous oil deposit from my loose compression engine.
    Last edited by Chinoi; April 17th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Recommended header thermal wrap ( not asbestos )