New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hello mga sirs. kailangan ko po ng tulong.

Nagbabawas po ng tubig sa radiator, and nagooverflow ng tubig sa water reservoir. Tumataas yung temp ko ng 3/4. I hope hindi naman siguro ito Head gasket issue as we just used the car last weekend going to baguio and wala naman problems pag uphill and high RPMs. sa traffic lang talaga tumataas yung temp hangang 3/4. I recently replaced all the hoses, radiator flushed, and new radiator cap (0.9). My car is civic LXI 97

What could be the problem?

Thanks Tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1911 View Post
    hello mga sirs. kailangan ko po ng tulong.

Nagbabawas po ng tubig sa radiator, and nagooverflow ng tubig sa water reservoir. Tumataas yung temp ko ng 3/4. I hope hindi naman siguro ito Head gasket issue as we just used the car last weekend going to baguio and wala naman problems pag uphill and high RPMs. sa traffic lang talaga tumataas yung temp hangang 3/4. I recently replaced all the hoses, radiator flushed, and new radiator cap (0.9). My car is civic LXI 97

What could be the problem?

Thanks Tsikoteers!
    Humina na yung Aux Fan. Have that checked

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andywesteast View Post
    Humina na yung Aux Fan. Have that checked
    Agree. This is the most common culprit.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the quick feedback mga sirs. will definitely check the Aux fan this weekend. But I am also thinking of upgrading my rad cap to 1.1 to sustain the pressure inside the radiator. I just thought that baka kaya nagooverflow yung tubig sa reserve dahil hindi kaya ng rad cap (0.9) yung pressure? or maybe its a busted thermostat? Anyway, I will try to replace my aux fan this weekend. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for the quick feedback mga sirs. will definitely check the Aux fan this weekend. But I am also thinking of upgrading my rad cap to 1.1 to sustain the pressure inside the radiator. I just thought that baka kaya nagooverflow yung tubig sa reserve dahil hindi kaya ng rad cap (0.9) yung pressure? or maybe its a busted thermostat? Anyway, I will try to replace my aux fan this weekend. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks!
    sige bro,share mo kung ano talaga problema,nangyari na din kasi sa delica ko dati,pag akyat ko ng baguio..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I say stay stock. If your system was designed for .9 then use the .9. Have the aux fan checked nga. One sign of weak aux fan is increase in temp during traffic

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    I say stay stock. If your system was designed for .9 then use the .9. Have the aux fan checked nga. One sign of weak aux fan is increase in temp during traffic
    Thanks for the feedback sir. But one thing I thought of is, baka kaya lumalabas yung tubig sa radiator at pumupunta sa reservoir dahil hindi nya kaya yung pressure? That is why I thought of having my rad cap upgraded to 1.1 sir. but you're right, kaya siguro nagbuibuild ng pressure sa loob dahil sobrang weak na yung fan and di na nya napapalamig yung water sa radiator.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    pls update us kung ok na yung car mo after replacing/repairing the fan....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    bro,ang aux fan ba,iba sa engine fan?engine fan located between the radiator and the engine?if I am right,normal ba na ang karamihan sa diesel engine,walang aux fan?tulad ng delica at crosswind ko?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by acergy09 View Post
    bro,ang aux fan ba,iba sa engine fan?engine fan located between the radiator and the engine?if I am right,normal ba na ang karamihan sa diesel engine,walang aux fan?tulad ng delica at crosswind ko?
    opo magkaiba po aux fan sa engine fan,, mostly po aux fan pag gasoline engine yung naka kabit mismo sa radiator, pag diesel po karaniwan may engine fan yung between engine and radiator.
    kung medyo tumataas temp nyo during trafic pwede po nyo lagyan ng aux fan sa kabila ng radiator, pero make sure po na pabuga or papunta engine yung flow ng hangin, kasi yung nakakabit sa engine pahigop naman papunta rin engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast