New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1911 View Post
    hello mga sirs. kailangan ko po ng tulong.

Nagbabawas po ng tubig sa radiator, and nagooverflow ng tubig sa water reservoir. Tumataas yung temp ko ng 3/4. I hope hindi naman siguro ito Head gasket issue as we just used the car last weekend going to baguio and wala naman problems pag uphill and high RPMs. sa traffic lang talaga tumataas yung temp hangang 3/4. I recently replaced all the hoses, radiator flushed, and new radiator cap (0.9). My car is civic LXI 97

What could be the problem?

Thanks Tsikoteers!
    malamang po mahina na nga fan kung during traffic lang nangyayari.. check nyo po baka kailangan nang palitan or check nyo rin po grounding nyo baka mahina na ground kaya di na makaikot ng maayos ang fan.
    wag po nyo palitan ng cap, kasi baka sa iba naman pumunta yung over na pressure ng radiator nyo,
    nangyari po sa akin yung cap ko di ko pinalitan ng cap pero dinoble ko yung goma, ayun resulta di nga tumapon sa reservior tubig,\pumutok naman yung hose ko..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shedell View Post
    malamang po mahina na nga fan kung during traffic lang nangyayari.. check nyo po baka kailangan nang palitan or check nyo rin po grounding nyo baka mahina na ground kaya di na makaikot ng maayos ang fan.
    wag po nyo palitan ng cap, kasi baka sa iba naman pumunta yung over na pressure ng radiator nyo,
    nangyari po sa akin yung cap ko di ko pinalitan ng cap pero dinoble ko yung goma, ayun resulta di nga tumapon sa reservior tubig,pumutok naman yung hose ko..

Thanks sa advice sir.

Just an update, I already replaced my radiator fan last weekend. Pero parang ganun pa rin, napupunta pa rin sa reservoir yung tubig from the radiator. This time, Im thinking the thermostat might be the culprit. Maybe the thermostat is not opening when it reaches the desired temperature to operate. kaya pag nag high pressure, bumabalik yung tubig sa reservoir.

anymore inputs mga sirs?

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1911 View Post
    Thanks sa advice sir.

Just an update, I already replaced my radiator fan last weekend. Pero parang ganun pa rin, napupunta pa rin sa reservoir yung tubig from the radiator. This time, Im thinking the thermostat might be the culprit. Maybe the thermostat is not opening when it reaches the desired temperature to operate. kaya pag nag high pressure, bumabalik yung tubig sa reservoir.

anymore inputs mga sirs?
    a thermostat that fails to open will overheat the engine. a thermostat that stays open all the time will overcool the engine. an engine without thermostat will overheat on traffic and overcool on highway runs....

is the cooling system bled thouroughly? after topping up coolant, start engine and let it idle up to operating temp then race engine several times until it bloats at the rad neck.....

to check head gasket sealing, with the engine cold remove rad cap and crank engine over...if the radiator filler neck vomits coolant, it's a head-block sealing problem. if it doesn't vomit, with the engine cold start engine with the rad cap on. just after a few seconds remove the rad cap and see if pressure have built up. one more thing is the presence of bubbles......that's the DIY method...specialized shops have complex devices for checking these. sorry got no info with regards to these shops with these equipment.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Dalawa lang ang problema niyan, kailangan overhaul yong rad kasi baka may mga barado ng tubo at nag ooverflow sa top cover dumideretso sa expansion tank (reservior) at palitan yong rad cap baka mahina na.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    a thermostat that fails to open will overheat the engine. a thermostat that stays open all the time will overcool the engine. an engine without thermostat will overheat on traffic and overcool on highway runs....

is the cooling system bled thouroughly? after topping up coolant, start engine and let it idle up to operating temp then race engine several times until it bloats at the rad neck.....

to check head gasket sealing, with the engine cold remove rad cap and crank engine over...if the radiator filler neck vomits coolant, it's a head-block sealing problem. if it doesn't vomit, with the engine cold start engine with the rad cap on. just after a few seconds remove the rad cap and see if pressure have built up. one more thing is the presence of bubbles......that's the DIY method...specialized shops have complex devices for checking these. sorry got no info with regards to these shops with these equipment.
    yung sakin naman sir, pag naka idle, umaapaw yung tubig sa filler neck ng radiator. then pag rinev ko, hindi bumubulwak yung tubig. instead, pumapasok sa loob ng radiator yung tubig. but what makes me think that it is a head gasket problem is that there are bubbles during idle. and kumukulo yung tubig sa radiator. Though I haven't tried cranking the engine in cold start while the rad cap is off. will try that later.

Quote Originally Posted by dest View Post
    Dalawa lang ang problema niyan, kailangan overhaul yong rad kasi baka may mga barado ng tubo at nag ooverflow sa top cover dumideretso sa expansion tank (reservior) at palitan yong rad cap baka mahina na.
    Thanks sa input sir. pero almost new pa po yung radiator ko eh. given it's still new, I already had it lavramon'ed para sure. but the problem still exist. and for the rad cap, bumili na rin ako ng bago. I am now using 1.1 but ganun pa rin, napupuno pa rin yung reservoir ko ng tubig. almost napalitan na lahat, hoses, fan, rad cap. two nalang ang hindi, the THERMOSTAT and the HEADGASKET.. pero kung headgasket nga, any shops na magaling magpalit ng headgasket? and any idea how much magagastos ko for the labor and parts? Thanks mga sirs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12