New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,219
    #1
    anybody tried this additive from Cyclo industies? yung parang powdered aluminum which is added to the radiator to stop minor leaks, presumably due to small cracks or holes in the radiator?

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    22,658
    #2
    Never ever use that product. It will only clog parts of the radiator which aren't supposed to be clogged in the first place...

    http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,614
    #3
    usually basta additives (sa fuel, sa oil, sa radiator, at kung saan pa) bad idea yan...

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    457
    #4
    One more thing...

    This product is similar to that 'tire puncture solution' that you inject into the tires supposedly to fix minor punctures.

    These are only temporary solutions. Sometimes they are advertised as being the solution. These products usually mask the real and bigger problem, which could be very dangerous.

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,219
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Never ever use that product. It will only clog parts of the radiator which aren't supposed to be clogged in the first place...
    like what parts in the radiator? kinda too late for me though... nailagay ko na e. it stopped the leak though... di na nauubusan yung surge tank/reserve tank ko e. sinabi naman dun sa lalagyan na it's a temporary solution lang. for major leaks daw, mechanical intervention is required. I think it will not do much harm naman (I hope). it's a pulverized aluminum - hence non-corrosive with some fibers. and kinakabahan ko lang e yung water pump. pero parang may lubricating effect naman sya e. it tends to plate out on hot surfaces. well... sana alang bad effects. :?

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,157
    #6
    sana pina pull down mo na lang radiator mo. baka pump ang sirain nyan :wink:

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    137
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald View Post
    like what parts in the radiator? kinda too late for me though... nailagay ko na e. it stopped the leak though... di na nauubusan yung surge tank/reserve tank ko e. sinabi naman dun sa lalagyan na it's a temporary solution lang. for major leaks daw, mechanical intervention is required. I think it will not do much harm naman (I hope). it's a pulverized aluminum - hence non-corrosive with some fibers. and kinakabahan ko lang e yung water pump. pero parang may lubricating effect naman sya e. it tends to plate out on hot surfaces. well... sana alang bad effects. :?
    curious lang ako since matagal na ito, any bad effect/s sa radiator or sa water pump ?

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    35,658
    #8
    sa sobrang tagal na nitong thread, baka nabenta na yun car ng TS....

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    137
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    sa sobrang tagal na nitong thread, baka nabenta na yun car ng TS....
    oo nga !

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,634
    #10
    ^^^ nope, buhay pa XTO ni rsnald. busy lang siguro. ma-text nga hmmmm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
radiator stop leak