New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    With parts like radiator, I simply would not bother repairing it. Too much headache. I'll just order OEM which will assure years and years of headache free. Just have your old radiator repaired while waiting for your new one. It's one month warranty anyway, so by the time it leaks again, your new one arrives. You'll be so happy.
    Went to casa and they quoted me 21k for the radiator assembly. Ito nalang siguro. Iwas headache. Almost 10 years narin yung original radiator. Normal ba talagang magpalit ng radiator kahit alagang alaga mo yung ride mo?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ Bro coolant all the way ba iyong ginamit nyo?

And ask ko na din if better ba ang aluminum replacement na rad? O iyong tanso like evercool & adr ?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ Bro coolant all the way ba iyong ginamit nyo?

And ask ko na din if better ba ang aluminum replacement na rad? O iyong tanso like evercool & adr ?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    After the first repair 2 years ago, straight distilled water. Kaya siguro nabutas kasi nag corrode. But im using 50/50 ngayon. Kakarepair lang ulit kanina and I’m using 50/50. Habang nag aantay parts sa casa. Pwede na. If hindi ulit masira, stock nalang muna yung brand new tsaka na ipalit pag nabutas na ulit.

Not sure ano ang better. Mas mabigat ata ang copper tsaka easier to repair than aluminum. Ang unang bumibigay sa oem rad eh yung plastic tank. That’s why naka convert na sakin yung top tank to bronze. 2 years rin ulit bago nasira. Kaya eto ngayun sakit ulit sa ulo. Better siguro bumili nalang talaga ng bago kesa paulit2x na repair.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Try mo pyesaonline.ph sa fb .. me mga radiators po sila.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hindi kaya masyadong malakas ang pressure ng cooling system mo kaya mabilis mabutas ung rad para magka leak.nagpapalit kanaba ng thermostat mo...ganyan din kasi naging problema ko dati sa civic ko..hightemp siya masyado nun pala palitin na ung thermo switch at thermostat.saka rad fan ko ayun tumino kahit na ilang beses nadin na repair ung rad ko..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    hindi kaya masyadong malakas ang pressure ng cooling system mo kaya mabilis mabutas ung rad para magka leak.nagpapalit kanaba ng thermostat mo...ganyan din kasi naging problema ko dati sa civic ko..hightemp siya masyado nun pala palitin na ung thermo switch at thermostat.saka rad fan ko ayun tumino kahit na ilang beses nadin na repair ung rad ko..

Primo, the pressure can not increase over time, it's the exact opposite. The radiator cap is the pressure regulator of the cooling system and never gets stronger. Even if there was combustion chamber pressure breach to the cooling system, the rad cap still limits it. Simply, the radiator is old, corroded and is not able to hold the normal and designed pressure. Of course, like many posters on the forum, it happened to them.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; March 23rd, 2018 at 05:15 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Guys.. concern din tayo with fellow old cars owners.. yung Toyota red coolant na phase out na ata. Is the current Toyota pink applicable sa pre 2005 na old cars..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Just get a bigger radiator. Dito kasi sa pinas minsan di kinakaya ang init ng stock radiator lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlebmble View Post
    Guys.. concern din tayo with fellow old cars owners.. yung Toyota red coolant na phase out na ata. Is the current Toyota pink applicable sa pre 2005 na old cars..

Flush the radiator first before using the new coolant. Do not mix different types of coolants.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    once a plastic top aluminium radiator conks out, it is still best to change the whole thing. It is also best to put the same OEM coolant the manufacturer placed in your car from the production line to prevent "chemical reaction" with other coolant brands. but it is a different story for copper-based radiators as it can be repaired by most radiator shops. I don't like the idea of putting a brass tank top on an aluminium radiator, depending on how good it was repaired, it can still undergo galvanic reaction leading to corrosion and eventually failure. And you will have your radiator repaired again. Most radiator problems I know of starts usually when the owner changes the OEM coolant with something else he thinks that is better than the OEM....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Radiator Problem: Repair, Fabricate, or replace with OEM?