New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I can't drain my radiator... i think it's stuck... i can't turn the plug... will this damage the radiator if i put alot of pressure ending up with broken radiator or plug? What could have caused it to stuck?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by batusai_jr View Post
    I can't drain my radiator... i think it's stuck... i can't turn the plug... will this damage the radiator if i put alot of pressure ending up with broken radiator or plug? What could have caused it to stuck?
    rust and time.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    will it do any damage if i force it to twist?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If you force it, you highly risk cracking the drain plug which is usually made out of plastic (which should be brittle by now). If this happens, you will be forced to buy a replacement which should readily be available at the casa.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    gaano ka ba madalas magpalit ng coolant bro...ako,isang beses isang taon...para maiwasan yang mga ganyan...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    hindi naman siguro masisira, may o-ring yan palitan mo na.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Buy the replacement plug. Use pliers or any suitable tool to remove the old plug. Contact should be made as near to the thread as possible. The idea here is to remove the old plug in one piece.

If you break off the head of the plug, you have no choice but to drill out and extract the remaining plug.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Try to spray some loosening chemical like WD-40 before you turn the plug. It may help in loosening rusted and sticky parts.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by den1106 View Post
    Try to spray some loosening chemical like WD-40 before you turn the plug. It may help in loosening rusted and sticky parts.
    its plastic right? is WD40 good for plastic too? thanks for the answer, maybe i should bring it to a mechanic or radiator shop and let them remove it just to be sure

Radiator Problem? (can't drain)