New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagkaproblema din ako ng ganyan before. culprit was the coolant thermostat sensor.
    however, nagbabawas ka pa din eh, it means may leak.

yung sa akin i had replaced the radiator, the radiator cap, the thermostat and the coolant thermostat sensor. nagbabawas pa din.
    i had my water pump replaced last week.... ayun, di na nagbabawas.

check mo din water pump mo.... kasi, malamang may tagas na yan and/or hindi na nag cicirculate yung coolant sa loob ng maayos.

btw, the coolant thermostat sensor is the one in charge of turning on/off the fan based sa engine temperature.... let's say, at 95 degrees centigrade, bubukas yan and will turn off pag bumaba ng 90 degrees. depende yan sa recommended specs ng oto mo. if it does not turn on at 95 degrees, the water will boil/evaporate which will result in coolant loss.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Yung sa akin talaga sir di daw automatic bumubukas yung thermostat. Nung pinalitan radiator ko, tinesting yun ng mechanic para malaman kung ok yung installation. Napansin nya lang na hindi nagbubukas thermostat at di nag auto yung fan unless ON yung A/C.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Forums

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thermostat usually nasa top part ng engine block connecting the upper radiator hose. Hindi din nagkakalayo ang position ng thermal switch at coolant sensor.

TS: Cooling system can easily be tested if you know how to.

To simulate fan - short the pins of thermal switch, some are negative triggered
    To test the thermal switch - put in boiling pot while measuring resistance
    To test Thermostat - same as above while looking at the valve opening
    To test continuity of water in the radiator - insert garden hose in the inlet, see if it flows freely to the outlet
    To test the pump, run engine at operating temp cap open and see if water is flowing. If you dont want to wait untill engine reaches operting temp, remove thermostat then see if water flows inside rad.

For test requiring thermomete but you dont wanna scald yourself, use the infrared. It can be bought for cheap P1.2k, you can also use this to check if you have fever, very easy and spot-on checking.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1390239865.850447.jpgimageuploadedbytsikot-forums1390239883.375943.jpg

Eto na yung thermostat ng auto ko na pinahirapan ako masyado makuha dahil sa tagong tago na mga screws. Napansin ko na sira na yung rubber nya sa gilid. Sinubukan ko yung sabi ng iba na tanggalin na lang permanently, ang kaso ayaw magstart ng auto. Puro lang redondo tapos ayaw magtuloy. So i've decided to buy a new unit na lang and put it tomorrow pagdating ulit ng haus.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Forums

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014

Nangyari di nsa akin dati yaan, di makita ang sakit. pabalik balik na ganuon. kaya ng pinalitan switch sa aircon, termostat, aircon fan, relay at fuse saka palng siya nag normal ang takbo, hindi nadin tumaas ang gauge niya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Radiator Fan not running (Thermostat or Thermoswitch problem?)