New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i had my dash stripped for general cleaning at sinabay ko naring lahat ng aircon components - blower, duct, evap. i noticed that some of the foam seals are either too compressed or crumbling into pieces.

before reinstallation, pwede ba kahit anong foam ang gamitin dito? any other ideas na locally available?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    i had my dash stripped for general cleaning at sinabay ko naring lahat ng aircon components - blower, duct, evap. i noticed that some of the foam seals are either too compressed or crumbling into pieces.

before reinstallation, pwede ba kahit anong foam ang gamitin dito? any other ideas na locally available?

spy,
    the original foam the a/c ducts use for sealing gaps is urethane foam. it is light, soft enough to assume the shape of the gap youare trying to fill in, hypoallergenic, no unfavorable odors and readily available.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sir DIY lang po ba pagtanggal no ng dash or may shop kayo na pinagpagawan?im planning to take it out din for cleaning eh..thanks!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by victorIOUS -04- View Post
    sir DIY lang po ba pagtanggal no ng dash or may shop kayo na pinagpagawan?im planning to take it out din for cleaning eh..thanks!
    victorIOUS,
    removing the dashboard is straight forward, no trick no fuzz. remove the instrument cluster first and disconnect the wires connected to it and disconnect the speedometer/odometer cable (mechanical type). then remove the bezel for the radio. be gentle on these plastic components as most of these have gone brittle from the scorching heat and the u.v. rays of the sun. remember how many, type and installation of the screws. reassembly is just the reverse of removal thir.
    jick

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by victorIOUS -04- View Post
    yup, diy ako. car is lancer pizza. as much as possible kasi ayoko pagawa kotse unless talgang di ko kaya or wala akong gamit (e.g. aircon flushing, vacuum, freon charging)

here are my suggestions if you want to strip your dash.
    - be gentle on clips and other plastic parts
    - if you don't have the proper prying tools, use a flathead screwdriver with soft cloth for prying
    - remember where you took off a bolt or screw, how? after taking it out, return it where you took it off.
    - when returning bolts and screws, turn them first ccw and feel for a slight depression before you turn cw
    - use fingers first in initial turning of bolts and screws
    - do not overtighten
    - use common sense
    - there are some things better left assembled. some disassembly tasks are not worth the effort.

if you don't have the service manual or if the service manual is still obscure, a digital camera is very helpful.

pwede ba kahit anong foam para sa mga siwang sa aircon?