New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hello po... just want to ask if need pa po ba idala sa talyer ang sasakyan pagmagddrain ng radiator o pwede kahit ako lang po.. and if ever pwede kahit ako lang, can i ask for guidelines and procedures, also what type of coolant should be used.

Toyota Hilux Surf 91 model po yung gamit ko...

Maraming salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You can do that on your own.

Make sure the engine has been off for a few hours so as to avoid dealing with 2nd degree burns.

1. Get a 3-4 liter container and put it under your radiator drain.
    2. Unscrew (its a plastic wingnut) the plug which is normally situated on the lower tank of the radiator.
    3. Drain.
    4. Tighten the plug.

Make sure you dispose of the liquid in a proper sewer drain not on the ground.

Now before you fill up your system again.
    1. Get a radiator flush and fill it in
    2. Add water.
    3. Run your engine, intermittently revving to circulate and turbulate the detergent. Idling for about 15-30 minutes as necessary depending on the residue from the initial flush.
    4. Drain the engine as per the procedure above.

Rinse and repeat as necessary so you can get as much corrosion out as possible.

Personally I would put a mesh during flushing on the radiator inlet to catch any loose debris.

Fill up your cooling loop with 30% coolant and the rest with clean preferably filtered water.

I recommend blowing air through your radiator core to dislodge dust and debris.

Wouldn't hurt to shampoo to degrease it and rinse with low pressure hose your thumb on the hose should work fine. Dry with pressurized air or just let it dry on its own.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sir Evo-V, thank you for the guidelines you gave...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You're welcome.

Likewise, its important to note that given the age of our engine it may not just be the radiator you need to flush clean but your engine as well, especially if its been running with no coolant for a long time.

Be weary of those "radiator overhaul" places most of them don't understand the science of radiator construction.

Mura nga pero masmahal ang magpa-overhaul ng makina.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    I'm just a newbie, unable to post new thread sorry for hi jacking this thread my apology ..

Naka bili ako ng second hand Honda idsi 2004 a 13yr old car w/ 81k kl. reading odometer

previous owner used water on its cooling system never mention if its distilled or tap water( ayaw na kasing mag reply inquiry ko. I do have plans of draining it or perform flashing(flashing solution) procedures, but I'm a bit worried about all the dirt residue will come out that will have a possibility to trap on its way out.

Please advice me what to do...
    1. just drain the old cooling liquid then replaced w/ distilled water
    2. perform flashing procedure (flashing solution) then replaced with distilled water + coolant solution 50/50.

please help me decide

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    First, its toilet "flush". hindi "flash"light.

There are lots of videos how to flush your radiator.

Once you drain the old coolant, you'll see naman if there are debris. Normally minimal if the car isn't too old.

Why are you scared to flush? Its just like mumog? the more the better...

Always use coolant mix not just water.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleye21 View Post
    I'm just a newbie, unable to post new thread sorry for hi jacking this thread my apology ..

Naka bili ako ng second hand Honda idsi 2004 a 13yr old car w/ 81k kl. reading odometer

previous owner used water on its cooling system never mention if its distilled or tap water( ayaw na kasing mag reply inquiry ko. I do have plans of draining it or perform flashing(flashing solution) procedures, but I'm a bit worried about all the dirt residue will come out that will have a possibility to trap on its way out.

Please advice me what to do...
    1. just drain the old cooling liquid then replaced w/ distilled water
    2. perform flashing procedure (flashing solution) then replaced with distilled water + coolant solution 50/50.

please help me decide

I think best advise po no. 2 pero mas ok po kung pure coolant po ang gagamitin.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome-ron View Post
    I think best advise po no. 2 pero mas ok po kung pure coolant po ang gagamitin.
    Just wanna clarify pure premixed coolant is fine, but pure coolant concentrate isn't.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Good pm po, newbie lang po pasensya na at makiki ask na rin dito sa thread nag hahanap hanap lng po same case sa Toyota bb ko. Yung red light sa dash board ko po temperature nag biblink po pinatakbo ko lang 80 steady sa nlex mejo mainit po panahon non tsaka naka on ac ko. 10-15 min pa lang nag blink na. Ngaun lng po nangyari sa BB ko po yun. Dibala ko na po sa talyer, suspected nila na sa radiator ang tama. Na need ko ipaoverhaul. Ok naman po yung fan gumagana. Now lang nagkaroon ng overheating problem tong si BB. Ipapa overhaul ko na po sya nakabili na rin po ako nng 5050 coolant mixture sa toyota. Tingin nyo po? Alam ko po gasgas na tong tanong ko haha gusto ko lang po makadinig ng opinion from other car users. Salamat po.

Edit:
    Pag umaga naman po, check ko yung radiator kumpleto naman po yung leve ng tubig. Meron din po yung parang storage sa right side nakalagay sa cap "coolant" may level na full and low. pero wala po yun laman. Sabi po ng mekaniko ok lang naman daw po un kahit wala un laman. Ano po b yon? Overflow tank po ng coolant? Konti lng po alam ko sa kotse haha pasensya na po trying to learn lang po

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jdotxx View Post
    Pag umaga naman po, check ko yung radiator kumpleto naman po yung leve ng tubig. Meron din po yung parang storage sa right side nakalagay sa cap "coolant" may level na full and low. pero wala po yun laman. Sabi po ng mekaniko ok lang naman daw po un kahit wala un laman. Ano po b yon? Overflow tank po ng coolant? Konti lng po alam ko sa kotse haha pasensya na po trying to learn lang po
    hanap ka na ng ibang mekaniko sir. hindi pwedeng ok lang kung walang laman ang reservoir.
    marami pang dapat i-check dyan sa cooling system mo;

gumagana nga ang fan, sufficient pa ba ang airflow?
    thermostat, ok pa ba? or baka wala na.
    water pump, ok pa ba? baka OEM pa ang nakakabit dyan.
    and the list goes on,,,,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need help regarding radiator draining and refilling of coolant