New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Wednesday, my A/C started showing erratic signs...nawawalan ng lamig (puro blower lang), then babalik yung lamig after magstart uli ng oto, tapos mawawala uli sa sunod na start, then babalik na naman.

Did some reasearch and saw this post reposted from an HCP testimonial of shop in Karangalan Village sa may Manggahan, Pasig. Below are excerpts of the post (with the original poster's kind permission, please )

"Joey is a middle age man, slim and have a very accommodating presence. Normally I would leave my car in a shop and be back when its ok.. but this time while he was removing my car aircon parts hes describing it in full detail. What the parts are for? What does it do? What are the symptoms if it is broken etc. etc. and that made me stay... eh kahit tatay ko pag tinutulungan ko hindi ganun eh hahaha. Ive learned a lot from this guy para akong nagseminar. I thought he was faking it (papa-impress) but it happens a lot youll realized that ganun talaga siya.

To cut the story short this guy is highly recommended because:
    - He is honest.
    - He know what hes doing
    - He got genuine concern and quality in his work. I remember he saw some broken engine support in my car and he replaced it free of labor, he said hes there anyway.
    - Hes a natural teacher
    - Hes a listener, if you have something you want done in your car (perhaps route a certain hose, wiring, bracket, alignment ) he'll listen and tell you if its possible and if it is he will do it at no charge.
    - He uses original (boxed canistered) imported freon and oil, he will not do it unless he provides these"

With that and with my last independent A/C shop experience (along Kalayaan, Makati) being not so good, I decided that trying this new shop wouldn't be any worse naman siguro. So I went there early this morning and was first among the pipila (2 taxis came after me and a corolla).

Maliit nga yung makeshift shop nya, and could barely fit 4 cars inside. But the moment you get to know the guy and he begins his diagnosis on your A/C and the lectures that goes with it, you can't help but be impressed. Alam nya talaga yung sinasabi nya.

In no more than a few minutes, he already knows that my problem is more electrical in nature than anything to do with my compressor, evaporator, drier, etc. He showed to me that the problem is the pressure switch and the terminal sa connector nya. He elaborately explained how the pressure switch works and what needs to be done to it para mawala yung on-off, on-off erratic experience ko.

In addition, ipinarinig nya rin na may kaunting "unwanted sound" yung compressor ko na probably coming from the bearings sa loob. He then went to a practical explanation of the potential problem using a similar kalas-kalas na compressor pag napabayaan yung bearings. Para talaga syang teacher sa automotive class

I will end this post by saying that I will definitely come back to his shop and have all my A/C jobs done there from hereon. As with our fellow tsikoteer who posted about him before, this thread is for sharing this experience and an act of thanks to Mr. Joey dela Cruz.

His shop can be found at Kaalinsabay St. Karangalan Village Manggahan, Pasig. Karangalan Village is accessible from Rosario, Pasig or Marcos Hi-Way or Imelda Avenue (take your pick). You may get in touch with him at 09193403860 or at 901-5181/900-9215.

[SIZE=3]Btw, his charge for the diagnosis on my A/C concerns and fix-up of my pressure switch...P0.00[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I know this is already an old post, but thank you for posting this! Just bought my first car (2nd hand), and I am thinking of having its A/C checked. Walking distance lang ang Kaalinsabay from our house. Sana meron pa rin shop niya.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Last visit ko dito kay joey was feb 2014 for aircon cleaning. Totoo yung post sa taas na eexplain nyang mabuti at may lecture pa. Till now malamig pa din at walang problem. Will bring my car again this feb or march for cleaning..
    Last edited by hachooro; January 22nd, 2015 at 12:54 AM. Reason: to correct spelling

Recommended Shop for Cainta, Pasig, Marikina peeps