New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Good morning mga boss. may nakuha kaming 94 Lancer GLI, carb'ed na, and manual na din steering. may ilang buwan din na hindi nagamit yung itlog bago namin nakuha. Bale ang problema ay kapag buhay yung AC, lumalamig naman as in, kaya lang yung AC belt nya squeals. At first i thought maluwag lang lang yung belt kaya dinagadagan ko tension, kaya lang dun ko na napansin na wala na syang hatak, di na ako makapag-pasok ng 3rd gear kasi sobrang bagal ng takbo kahit apakan ang gas, kaya naka-segunda na lang ako. Niluwagan ko nang konti ulit yung tensioner para lang gumaan ang load sa makina.

dinala ko na sa mekaniko at nakita na maitim yung mga spark plugs (powdery) kaya pinabili ako ng platinum. pinalitan din ng mas malapad na belt kasi makitid daw yung dati kaya squealing. nung ginamit ko kinabukasan, ganun na naman, sobrang gapang. buti naigapang ko pa pauwi. what i did was remove the spark plugs and saw the tips all powdery black na naman, so nilinis ko, tapos inalis ko muna yung AC belt completely.

ayun, tumakbo naman ng medyo ayos, ni-road test ko for about 10kms balikan, definitely better than when the belt was installed. yun nga lang walang AC. with no AC compressor loaded sa engine, bale napansin ko parang nabubulunan or nasisinok yung takbo, pakadyot-kadyot intermittently.

could this be a problem on engine timing mainly, o may iba pa akong malaking prob? Sunday pa kasi dating ng mekaniko kaya medyo uneasy na ako and to anticipate na rin kung ano yung possible pang dapat kong tingnan. salamat!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd have engine tuning done to spec, first.
    not because i think the problem lies therein, but so's we can safely say, "it's not the engine".

because you said the car ran better without the AC belt, i think your compressor is defective. it's causing too much drag. have the aircon guys have a look.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 4th, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd have engine tuning done to spec, first.
    not because i think the problem lies therein, but so's we can safely say, "it's not the engine".

because you said the car ran better without the AC belt, i think your compressor is defective. it's causing too much drag. have the aircon guys have a look.

good luck.
    Agree with Dr d, check compressor 1st, then the engine ...you said "carb'ed"... Is it original?

I replaced only my 95 Sentra's advancer and it messed up my timing... Won't shift to 3rd gear, won't run past 40kph...Had the timing adjusted, now running like new (purrs like a cat)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    thanks sa replies! bale ganito:

1) the compressor turns unimpeded. wala akong napansing bumabatangal sa pulley nya when i turned it (without the belt).

2) apparently the GLI trim uses EFI, but this one has carb na. previous owner replaced it, i believe, as the tip(?) of the old air intake is still mounted near the right fender.

nasa talyer na yung itlog, kaya lang next sunday pa dating ni kuyang mekaniko. been reading a lot on what could have caused spark plug fouling, baka too rich ang mixture due to a clogged air filter din. we'll see next week, hopefully.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    magandang araw ulit mga katsikot. base sa findings ng bagong mechanic, the platinum plugs werent a fit to these old engines, which matches my google-fu about spark plug heat ranges and operating temperatures, and how old distributor systems cannot fully utilize the benefits of platinum plugs. so ayun, a set of copper BKR6ES was installed, but according to specs ng 4g15 per Mitsubishi, it should be around NGK's heat rating of 5. kaya pala fouled lagi dati yung spark plugs. timing was ok, but the valves had to be adjusted na rin.

with the engine running better, medyo luminaw yung ibang problema: yung kadyot-kadyot apparently is from the clutch system, hindi pa lang identified kung worn-out disc that slips or a failing pressure plate. the symptoms are most apparent when running at low speeds and high gear. pag-apak konti sa clutch nawawala, so medyo tukoy kung saang part ang problema.

anyway, any users ng Mikuni carb dito? wala kasi akong makitang resource sa internet, gusto ko sana pag-aralan how to adjust these to better fine tune particularly yung jet sizes nya. salamat!

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    thanks for updating this thread ..
    subscribing

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Great adventure you have there! Congratulations on the improvements to your car.

If I may ask, why is it called an egg? I think the "pizza pie" came from the design of the rear lights.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Great adventure you have there! Congratulations on the improvements to your car.

If I may ask, why is it called an egg? I think the "pizza pie" came from the design of the rear lights.
    Itlog because of the shape of the turn signal lights....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Itlog because of the shape of the turn signal lights....
    I just checked and the turn signal lights looked like one.
    [emoji3]