New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Guys, those who owns an Innova with automatic climate control may question lang ako.

How does the auto mode work? From the owners manual it says that when in auto mode it will select the best settings based on the outside temperature. Does this mean that when you put it on auto mode it will select the temperature and fan speed? I've been using auto mode but it doesn't seem to work that way. Most of the time i just use the manual mode and set the temperature to 27 degrees. But when I use auto mode, specially when parked under the sun, it doesn't change the temperature and fan speed. HOw does it really work?

One more thing when in auto mode do the compressor still goes off and on automatically?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Do the ff if you want the blower in the max mode when you press AUTO. Note once you press AUTO, It would be in max mode bec. it would detect the hot cabin temp. But if its not hot inside, it wouldn't go to MAX but the appropriate speed for the temp.

1. Before you turn off your a/c system, make sure a/c button is "off" then turn off the blower.
    2. Next time you use your a/c system (in the baking sun or other conditions), press the AUTO button. Let the system initialize for a second as it decides what blower setting to use.
    3. Then turn on the compressor by pressing the a/c button.
    (note this is using the "old" pre 2008 auto climate control)

Its up to the owner to set the desired temperature. The system will automatically adjust the blower speed depending if it detects that desired is reached within the cabin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    27 degrees is too hot for an airconditioner. I won't really do anything.

In an automatic climate control system. You tell it to go AUTO but you are still in charge of selecting the temp you want. Comfortable cabin temp is usually in the 24-26 degree area. Select that and your a/c system should fire up the fan if you left the vehicle parked in the open sun. It will retard fan speed once set temp is reached.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Now I get it. One more thing when in auto mode, nag automatic on/off din ba ang compressor?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'm still using the manual conventional knob selector switch on my old G Innova. Pwede ba ma convert ito to Auto climate control ACC?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede po pero I don't think it will be worth the cost and hassle. I have an automatic climate control vehicle and a manual climate control vehicle. Pareho lang ang performance for the regular commute. Advantage yung automatic climate system pag long drive kasi it maintains cabin temp no matter what time of day or where the vehicle is. So pag ginabi ka, hindi mo na hihinaan aircon or vice versa.

Sealander, I'm not sure about the Innova. Let's wait for the others to chime in.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Pwede po pero I don't think it will be worth the cost and hassle. I have an automatic climate control vehicle and a manual climate control vehicle. Pareho lang ang performance for the regular commute. Advantage yung automatic climate system pag long drive kasi it maintains cabin temp no matter what time of day or where the vehicle is. So pag ginabi ka, hindi mo na hihinaan aircon or vice versa.

Sealander, I'm not sure about the Innova. Let's wait for the others to chime in.

ah okay. 2010 model onwards ba nagkaroon ng add on auto climate control feature ang Innova G?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SEALANDER View Post
    Now I get it. One more thing when in auto mode, nag automatic on/off din ba ang compressor?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "on/off" of the compressor. But, on a standstill idle w/ ac on, from time to time, you will notice the tachometer go up by 200rpm or less for a second or two then go down. I believe this has something to do with the a/c compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ah okay. 2010 model onwards ba nagkaroon ng add on auto climate control feature ang Innova G?

Auto Climate Control first appeared on the Innova during the "first facelift" with the 2009 model (introduced very late 2008). It was made available for G and V variants only.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "on/off" of the compressor. But, on a standstill idle w/ ac on, from time to time, you will notice the tachometer go up by 200rpm or less for a second or two then go down. I believe this has something to do with the a/c compressor.

Auto Climate Control first appeared on the Innova during the "first facelift" with the 2009 model (introduced very late 2008). It was made available for G and V variants only.

okay. hindi ko naabutan ang facelift. sayang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The manual system has less moving parts, less stuff to go wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Innova G automatic climate control