New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Mga fellow tsikoteers, noob question lng po. Paano po ba naapektuhan ng aircon ang fuel consumption? Pag nilakasan po ba ang blower lalakas din ang gas consumption? Pag tinataasan po ba ang thermostat lalakas din ang gas consumption? Please enlighten me guys regarding this matter. Thanks in Advance peeps.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronskiee View Post
    Mga fellow tsikoteers, noob question lng po. Paano po ba naapektuhan ng aircon ang fuel consumption? Pag nilakasan po ba ang blower lalakas din ang gas consumption? Pag tinataasan po ba ang thermostat lalakas din ang gas consumption? Please enlighten me guys regarding this matter. Thanks in Advance peeps.
    basically ithe thermostat activates the compressor. thr.compressor adds engine load. more load = more gas.

the comfort of AC outweighs the additional load imho

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    ibig sabihin sir, ung taas ng thermostat lvl at lakas ng blower ay hindi direktang nakakaapekto sa gas consumption? kumbaga inshort, basta umikot ang compressor lalakas sa gas, kahit naka low cool? tama po ba?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    minimal effect lang naman. but yes, you get the point.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    minimal effect lang naman. but yes, you get the point.

maraming salamat po, naliwanagan na po ako ngaun.. more power tsikoteers sa walang sawang pagtulong sa mga newbie na gaya ko.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you can actually feel the power drain when you turn on the aircon. you can feel the engine/car lurch just a little (suddenly slow down a little) if you aren't running fast... in some (older?) cars, you can read a drop of engine rpm..
    the energy drain isn't too small.. up to 10% or so, some say... depending on the engine's size..
    to compensate for this loss in engine power, there is the automatic idle-up circuit, and there's also your right foot..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 8th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Everything connected to the crank that is dragging its rotation consumes fuel.

More electrical loads/ Higher current draw = more resistance to alternator's rotational force.

Inclined roads, stop and go traffic, high-speed driving = more rotational force needed to move the flywheel.

Aircon compressor turned on = resistance in the pulleys. The lower the thermostat setting, the more and longer your compressor engages with the crank. The higher, does almost the same when your heater engages in a form of electrical load(heater coil).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    The higher, does almost the same when your heater engages in a form of electrical load(heater coil).
    sir pwede po pakiexplain pa ng husto? thanks

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most heaters use engine coolant heat to heat the air. That's why you can slow down overheating by switching the climate control to full heat... pulls heat out of the coolant and into the blower.

-

As for AC, it's a bigger drag on smaller engines. Even today, a strong AC system can sap some 15-20 hp out of a small motor. In recent testing on one car, AC use dropped economy from around 22 km/l down to 16-18 km/l.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    In my 95 1.6 Sentra (105hp), noticeable yung power drain once na nagengage yung compressor.

In our 2.5 diesel Adventure, barely noticeable yung pang engage ng compressor, maliban na lang sa tunog, considering na 73 hp lang. Is this because of the low-end torque of diesels?