New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga sir, napansin ko na pag nagda drive ako sa kalagitnaan ng init ng metro manila at kinapa ko yung ceiling ng kotse, MAINIT siya. i'm sure nahihirapan ang aircon dahil dito. any suggestions please. ang plano ko ay lagyan siya ng insulator na yung material ay tulad sa ginagamit natin na sunshade. pwede rin kaya ito sa floor? effective ba ito? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    can anyone help me start a thread?thanks.

btw I have the same query as the thread starter.
    I need your help in looking for materials to insulate the seats from the engine underneath.TIA

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sinmaker View Post

I need your help in looking for materials to insulate the seats from the engine underneath.TIA

What vehicle and how much clearance between the heat source and the heat receiving panel

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012

i'm not sure if similar material like Rockwool can be use. but if there is enough space under the seats and engine then you can custom cut the rockwool to fit in. link below is where i bought rockwool materials. i used it in my farm house walls and ceilings though, not in a car.

Rockwool pilipinas - Local Business - Pasig - 1 Review - 97 Photos | Facebook

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

a breadloaf van? where the driver sits on top of the engine?
    i tried many things. none worked well enough. i finally got rid of the van, and bought a vehicle whose engine is in front of the driver.
    first thing you should see to, is the factory-spec covers. make sure they are intact, with no deformations or openings or missing bolts.
    i tried those aluminum-backed insulating sheets used in house roofing. it lowered the heat naman, but still not satisfactory.

i don't like to use fiberglass in a moving, vibrating vehicle. the 'glass needles might aerate and get inhaled.
    and the traditional heat insulator, asbestos, is a proven carcinogen.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 25th, 2018 at 09:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a breadloaf van? where the driver sits on top of the engine?
    i tried many things. none worked well enough. i finally got rid of the van, and bought a vehicle whose engine is in front of the driver.
    first thing you should see to, is the factory-spec covers. make sure they are intact, with no deformations or openings or missing bolts.
    i tried those aluminum-backed insulating sheets used in house roofing. it lowered the heat naman, but still not satisfactory.

i don't like to use fiberglass in a moving, vibrating vehicle. the 'glass needles might aerate and get inhaled.
    and the traditional heat insulator, asbestos, is a proven carcinogen.
    ditto on using fibreglass
    maybe he can try using slimmer but layered double sided insulation "foam"

heat insulators