New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *non-vtec - im no longer using the original thermostat since it got busted, im using a replacement thermostat, or what they call "mechanical" - not really sure of the term, pero from what i hear, it trips off when it reaches desired temp. Yep, they flushed it with nitro.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    *non-vtec - im no longer using the original thermostat since it got busted, im using a replacement thermostat, or what they call "mechanical" - not really sure of the term, pero from what i hear, it trips off when it reaches desired temp. Yep, they flushed it with nitro.
    There you go. That's the likely culprit. If the thermostat is not matched, installed properly, or defective, it may not shut off the compressor when it should. This will cause excessive ice buildup.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks, although mechanics have told me ok lang daw ung replacement thermostats... what are your recommendations regarding thermostat replacement? should i buy replacements/originals? price range?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Running the Air Conditioning System of your vehicle for about 10 minutes once a week will maintain the gas pressure. It is a good practice to keep cleaning your vehicle's AC Unit after regular intervals. This will ensure the long life of the AC System. Air Conditioning Katy provides cleaning and maintenance services for air conditioning systems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Frequent AC Cleaning - potential issue?