New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    gaano karaming freon ba ang dapat ikarga sa hyundai grace?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Usually sa mga vans ay 1.5 kg na freon ang karga. If the A/C is not working before, have a leak test before charging. The system will be filled with compressed air to about 200 PSI, leak test, repair if necessary, vacuum the system for at least 30 minutes before charging.

Me pekeng freon na kumakalat, look for genuine freon. Maraming A/C tech that replace the expansion valves and filter/drier once the system is opened for repair which I think is a valid practice to prevent backjobs and freon waste, although some freon could be recovered.

The price of expansion valves may range from P600 to about P1500, filter/drier is about P200.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pwede yan sa 1.3kg +/- 5% ( assuming namay rear A/C) kailangan muna leak test ,if no leaks found , evacuate and put oil compatible to the refrigerant you are going to use in the system and recharge , test the system for proper operation .

don't use compressed air for leak testing that will introduce moist or even water into the system that eventually lead you to more troubles.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Tama po, compressed air can introduced moist that could form ice in the expansion valves preventing the flow of the refrigerant in the evaporator resulting to cooling failure.

I don't really know if using a water/oil filter could totally prevent the entry of moisture, but it really takes a lot more easy to find 'elusive leaks' when using compressed air. I don't know what other cheap gas is readily available here in the Philippines for this purpose.

A/C techs would usually reason that the system will be vacuumed anyway but I don't really know how much moisture could be evacuated by this.

1.3kg +/- 5% is a good way to start although Freon here is usually sold in the aliquot of 0.5 kg.

Be sure that no form of dirt enters your A/C system when opened up, I put masking tape myself to A/C parts when they just lie there while being repaired.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    putting masking tapes on those open parts is a very good practice and i like your idea .
    to pressurize the system , i use a combination of R134A and nitrogen gas if the leak is hard to find . i also use an ELECTRONIC LEAK DETECTOR to sweep all the AC components. i don't have to remove the component to submerge it underwater.

Freon charging