New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Why do I get this feeling that this thread is being managed by an SEO outfit?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    Why do I get this feeling that this thread is being managed by an SEO outfit?
    hahah.. i would agree with you sir.. 2 of our nissan urvans had radiator problems, the original radiators broke its plastic tanks.. so we replaced the radiators with evercool i think 3 rows pa nga radiator.. to make the story short.. nag overheat parin.. we ended up doin a top overhaul.. that fixed the overheating problem..

so para sa akin its not the radiator.. pag mai tama na ang makina. it will eventually overheat no matter what kind of radiator you have..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Here's the problem with said brand from a technical standpoint.

First the tubes are 13 x 2 mm x 0.11 mm lockseam tubes. Meaning these are practically thin strips of brass rolled just folded together and then filled with solder in between. This makes the tubes prone to cavities that can lead to leaks. Not to mention its a fairly thin gauge that is not as resistant to impact from debris.

Second, the fin geometries used are increasingly optimized for cost. This results in a weak core matrix causing bulging and imminent core collapse.

Third, it uses lead solder. Lead is cheap but toxic -period.

Those joints you mentioned, should have been brazed and not just soldered.

A 3 row radiator isn't necessarily better than a two or single row unit. There are 1-row designs that will handily beat a 3 row conventional radiator. A properly configured radiator will work. Kung tsambahan lang eh ma-papaoverhaul ka nga.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    Here's the problem with said brand from a technical standpoint.

First the tubes are 13 x 2 mm x 0.11 mm lockseam tubes. Meaning these are practically thin strips of brass rolled just folded together and then filled with solder in between. This makes the tubes prone to cavities that can lead to leaks. Not to mention its a fairly thin gauge that is not as resistant to impact from debris.

Second, the fin geometries used are increasingly optimized for cost. This results in a weak core matrix causing bulging and imminent core collapse.

Third, it uses lead solder. Lead is cheap but toxic -period.

Those joints you mentioned, should have been brazed and not just soldered.

A 3 row radiator isn't necessarily better than a two or single row unit. There are 1-row designs that will handily beat a 3 row conventional radiator. A properly configured radiator will work. Kung tsambahan lang eh ma-papaoverhaul ka nga.
    Interesting... can we have this in regular english (with pic comparisons preferably) for the benefit of all?

I agree on the last item as this will pertain more to overall cooling system design efficiency as against "size is might" of the radiator alone. A lot of modern vehicles today use smaller and lighter radiators if my observations are correct, and yet cooling efficiency (and optimal engine operating temp attainment) now are much much better compared to vehicles from a decade or two ago.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Engines now are more thermally efficient. Meaning they convert more chemical energy from the fuel to mechanical energy and emit less heat.

The recent designs seen of local mass market radiators have been focused on cost cutting. When your radiator would need at least 18 fins per inch fin pitch we're seeing them in 12-14FPI. Which will work fine under most conditions but lowers the high performance headroom when you need it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Evercool Radiator