New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I guess the aircon deserves a separate thread, so here goes...

Do you turn off the aircon first when switching off the engine? Because when you don't, the next time you switch on the engine, the aircon turns on automatically. I don't know if it has bad effects. Personaly i do turn off the aircon before switching off the engine. A couple of times though, i may have forgot to kill the aircon... buti na lang walang masamang effect pa. Curious lang ako what bad effects this causes when done regularly.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I personally turn it off before turning off engine. Yun turo sa ken before when I was just learning to drive. They say hirap engine if you don't. Sa B12 ko ngaun, namamatay engine minsan if I forget. Sa N16 ko, okay lang.. kaso I still try to heed the advice to turn it off first. Let's wait if the gurus can provide explanation...

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Pinapatay ko aircon(with fan on) pag malapit(2 to 3 minutes) na ko sa bahay or san man ako pupunta.
    Last edited by niwde11; November 12th, 2008 at 06:55 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    me too.. pinapatay ko aircon then engine, or ON engine then 2-3 minutes tska on ang aircon

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I always make sure that the aircon was turned off before engine start and engine stop...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    same din ako ni sarceangel

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    me too.. pinapatay ko aircon then engine, or ON engine then 2-3 minutes tska on ang aircon
    Sir question...

why do you need to wait 2-3 minutes before turning the AC ON after the engine is ON? pag malamig ba engine kaya ginagawa ito? or same din kahit mainit na engine?

ako kasi pag turn ON ng engine ah susunod ko na din ang AC... is there a bad effect on this?

on topic:

i do turn the AC OFF before turning the engine OFF as well... turo lang din sa akin ng mga nag turo sa akin mag drive...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    cguro kaya sila nag aantay ng 2 to 3 min na hijndi binubuhay ang aircon para hindi masyado hirap ang makina bearing ng compresor at saka fanbelt

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    cguro kaya sila nag aantay ng 2 to 3 min na hijndi binubuhay ang aircon para hindi masyado hirap ang makina bearing ng compresor at saka fanbelt

Agree here. I do this, too, especially in the morning ..... A matter of habit. Although, kung talagang mainit, I have no choice but to turn on the AC after a few seconds.

Also, turning-off the compressor a couple of minutes, leaving the fan on, just before reaching your destination, IMO, is a good practice, as the engine and battery will have a reprieve before shutdown..... Although, I do this only for one of our vehicles....

7000:diver:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    same here. 5 mins warming of the engine where it is park and i just turn on the AC after makalabas ako ng village thats about 5 mins from house to the subd. gate all in all 10 mins before i turn the dial to #1, but how long is the interval before you turn the blower to no. 2, 3, 4?
    my routine po kc, i switch it to the other for approx. 5-6 mins interval, just like aircon sa bahay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Do you turn off the aircon when turning off the engine?