New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sir, pinalalabas ang tirang lamig para di pamahayan ng molds na sanhi ng maasim na amoy...

hth...

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    sir, pinalalabas ang tirang lamig para di pamahayan ng molds na sanhi ng maasim na amoy...

hth...
    thanks... i need to start doing that pala :D

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Kung meron nang sour smell, sir, don't expect to get rid of it overnight.

I started with Lysol disinfectant, but it seems it only masked the smell for several days.

But several weeks after practicing this method (compressor off tapos todo fan para ibuga palabas ang malamig na hangin bago magpatay ng makina), the smell went away... without the aide of any spray...

Oh, btw, iwas daw tayo sa mga oil-based air fresheners/deodorizers, mas magkaka-molds daw ang ducts sa mga iyan...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    My answer to the question is YES.

oo naman... the best nga daw is yung a/c sw muna then yung fan.. to dry out mo muna yung evaporator..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I would prefer to turn off the aircon when turning off the engine. and never start your engine while your aircon is "on" before ganun ang ginagawa ko kaya nasira ang alternator ko.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    After I start the engine, I turn the fan on then drive. When I see that the engine is running in its optimal temperature that is time when I turn the AC on. About 2 kilometers from my destination I turn off the AC and keep the fan on, that's what I learned here in tsikot. Before turning the engine off, I turn the fan off.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i say yes to the question. pero hindi ko habit magpatay ng aircon pag malapit na sa destination. ngayon ko lang nabasa dito, so gagawin ko na ang habit na yan. thanks to this thread!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The aircon's compressor needs the engine running to make it run. So there's is no sense turning the aircon on before the engine gets started. Start the engine first before the aircon. At the end of the trip turn the aircon off then the engine.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    i usualy forget to turn it off, but i try to turn it off during starting, to protect any electrical components from a power spike that migh occur during start up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Do you turn off the aircon when turning off the engine?