New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Posting Articles (e.g. copy and paste material)

For posting an article in the forums, always include:
    • Title
    • Author (if available)
    • Date and Time (e.g. news articles)
    • and most importantly: the SOURCE (web address)
    Quote the entire article by using the Quote command:

Usage:
    Example Usage:
    Example Output: Click for vBCode command list

Posts/Threads created not in compliance with this will be DELETED, with or without notification and will be issued an infraction.

Again, please take time to read the Tsikot Rules and Regulations.

Questions? Clarifications? Violent Reactions? Please direct your queries here:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43559
    Bro GH,

Pm....i am sorry for the infraction.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    tagal na kumakalat sa email yan

that's crap

hey if you're concerned about inhaling benzene, you should be more concerned about cigarette smoke than your car's interior
    bro,

is not that i am starting a fire. my concern here is to give a warning and inform my other fellow human beings so as to be aware of this kind of things. If you are already knew this then you should have informed and warned us but it instead you just kept it to yourself.

If it is total crap at least you warned us and then the readers will eventually check upon this if it is true or not.

I do believe it is true if you have been exposed much longer to this stuff compared to the normal level that the body can take, and there is no harm in trying to do a precautionary measure by opening the window a minute or two before turning the air-con on.

PEACE bro!!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kutangbato View Post
    Bro GH,

Pm....i am sorry for the infraction.
    hehe, ok lang mapalo bro, nobody is perfect naman. Learnings lang yan.

Good post pa rin, at least may natutunan ka na bago diba.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Me? I roll down my windows to exhaust my smoke. not benzene.....hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Me? I roll down my windows to exhaust my smoke. not benzene.....hehehehe
    At bawal na yan sa Starbucks din. Bili ka na electronic cigar mo hehe

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    At bawal na yan sa Starbucks din. Bili ka na electronic cigar mo hehe
    inakupow! kamahal pa naman e-cigar. mag-quit na lang ako siguro. oo, quit na lang. hehe......nga pala, sa mga fellow smokers a real threat (wag muna natin pag-usapan benzene ha. sorry TS) is that when the A/C leaks out refrigerant, old or new, and the refrigerant vapor comes in contact with an open flame (even your lighted cigar), it will produce a toxic and fatal gas. especially sa mga older systems having R-22 and so with R-134. A refrigerant is really not that toxic, but once in contact with an open flame is where the magic will work. kaya whenever you smoke, shut off A/C and just let the blower move the air.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    inakupow! kamahal pa naman e-cigar. mag-quit na lang ako siguro. oo, quit na lang. hehe......nga pala, sa mga fellow smokers a real threat (wag muna natin pag-usapan benzene ha. sorry TS) is that when the A/C leaks out refrigerant, old or new, and the refrigerant vapor comes in contact with an open flame (even your lighted cigar), it will produce a toxic and fatal gas. especially sa mga older systems having R-22 and so with R-134. A refrigerant is really not that toxic, but once in contact with an open flame is where the magic will work. kaya whenever you smoke, shut off A/C and just let the blower move the air.
    Quit na nga! hehe

Nice info BTW.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ako naman pag sobrang nababad sa araw yung oto bukas window muna tapos todo a/c para lumabas yung mainit na hangin yung lang reason ko para lumamig agad ang loob ng oto.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mga bro maganda rin ganoon..dagdag lang..bago buksan a/c fan muna for 2 to 3 mins na naka high lalo na kung nakapark sa ilalim ng araw at buksan ang mga bintan(lingin lingon muna baka merong naka abang hahaha)..reason nasubukan na ng isa kong cust na naiwan nya auto nya at binuksan bigla a/c..ayun dahan dahan gumapang ang crack sa windsheild..at isa para hindi mahirap ang ibang parts..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It does not necessarily means that once mag contact an refrigerant vapor sa open flame, it will immediately produce a toxic and fatal gas. It will take time to break down the chemical composition of the refrigerant to produce the toxic substance which is called "phosgene", chemically known as Carbon Oxy-chloride (COCl). and it is a fairy tale that the lighted cigar can break down the refrigerant composition.
    Now, as for the benzene, it is one of the major component of gasoline (aka 'benzin'). anyways, it is really better to have the windows opened for a period before switching on your car A/C after it was parked for a period under the sun.
    As for the cracking glass windows, I'm not so sure. but in order to crack a normal glass, the temperature difference on both sides should be more than 70 C. and the car's glass windows are tempered, meaning it has a higher resistance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
CAR AIR-CONDITIONING - - - -  VERY IMPORTANT!!! Please take time to read.