New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    greetings to all....

i just want to know your opinion as to what kind/type/brand of o-ring is best suited for aircon with 134 refrigerant... Likewise, any insight as to where it can be bought will be highly appreciated.. TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    greetings to all....

i just want to know your opinion as to what kind/type/brand of o-ring is best suited for aircon with 134 refrigerant... Likewise, any insight as to where it can be bought will be highly appreciated.. TIA

for R134a refrigerant, the o-rings to use is HBNR. back in the days when we used R12, we used buna o-rings and seals or nitrile o-rings, the buna or nitrile o-rings do not seal against leak of R134a better than HBNR. the o-rings should be soaked or prelubricated with PAG oil prior to installation

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    many thanks for that quick reply sir jick...

unfortunately, you just confirmed that my NBR-70 o-ring service kit has no use at all....

i have been trying to look for HNBR here (your out of the country right now I presume) but to no avail. most a/c suppliers simply say that nbr will do and that Hnbr is quite costly for a yearly a/c maintenance.

From your end, may i know if their representation is correct or acceptable, that is to use nbr instead of hnbr taking into consideration your earlier post? again,many thanks... regards

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    many thanks for that quick reply sir jick...

unfortunately, you just confirmed that my NBR-70 o-ring service kit has no use at all....

i have been trying to look for HNBR here (your out of the country right now I presume) but to no avail. most a/c suppliers simply say that nbr will do and that Hnbr is quite costly for a yearly a/c maintenance.

From your end, may i know if their representation is correct or acceptable, that is to use nbr instead of hnbr taking into consideration your earlier post? again,many thanks... regards

your nbr o-rings will do with a little bit more of leaks and leak testing. however, if you really want peace of mind, order the HNBR o-ring kit

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    your nbr o-rings will do with a little bit more of leaks and leak testing. however, if you really want peace of mind, order the HNBR o-ring kit
    thanks, sir jick...

anyone who can direct me where to buy o-ring set?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks, sir jick...

anyone who can direct me where to buy o-ring set?
    www.omega-usa.com

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    for lack of time to look for hnbr type, i used my available o-rings albeit not fully recommended. i will be sending my car to aircon shop for freon charging with hope that what i did would last at least a year....

meanwhile, i hope someone could direct me to local a/c parts suppliers preferably in manila with available hnbr o-ring, as well as tools and equipment needed in auto ac repair/maintenance. cheers..

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    isang problema sa Pilipinas ang kawalang ng mga dapat kailangan lalu na sa auto....with fingers crossed, i hope tatagal pa yung A/C ko lalu na yung compressor which is at present for R12 and charged with R134 6 months ago....my A/C mech who happens to be my uncle said unavailable pa yung mga o-rings designed for R134 that time...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^ there is hope, nonetheless. 6 months will do... thanks for your input sir.

A/C O-ring query