New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi. I drive a 96 Corolla GLi. I found out today that the top portion of my car's radiator is leaking. I had it checked and the mechanic at the radiator repair shop said that my radiator is made of plastic and that they can't repair it since they do not have the tools to do so. I was advised to take it to another radiator repair shop that is capable of repairing it or buy a surplus radiator. Repair would cost me 1,800 and a surplus radiator would cost me 2,500 so I figured that I might as well buy a new radiator. But then again, since the radiator also suffers from normal wear and tear, I was thinking that sooner or later it might break down as well. Is it worth buying a new radiator and does anyone have any idea how much it would cost me? I really do not mind paying a bit more if it means less trouble. Thanks

Would appreciate if anyone could recommend a place where I could get a radiator preferably in Sucat or Makati

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I don't have any idea about the radiator for a 94 Corolla, but for comparison, a replacement rad (Evercool brand) for a 96-00 Civic costs ~5.4k (double-row). So I'm guessing that it's in that price neighborhood.

For peace of mind, I strongly suggest you get a brand new replacement. OEM costs twice as much kasi, and chances are, it also has a plastic top. Evercool has a copper top, so no more worries about it getting cracked, as it can be easily repaired (unlike plastic ones).

Maybe the other peeps can help you with regards to reputable repair shops in Sucat or Makati. Pero why not try Speedyfix? Medyo malapit na rin sa Makati, (Shaw Blvd). HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - it's worth to buy a brand new radiator (unless you are a bit short on money). Bought a surplus one for the other car a couple of years ago... may kalawang na sa loob and had a few leaks already.

Try to send a PM to speedyfix regarding this, I think he carries brand new radiators (evergreen ba yun) that are locally made.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama sila evercool nasa ganun range 4k+ double row, mas mganda kung brand new na ipalit mo...eversince I'm not a fan of surplus parts...madodoble lang gastos mo kung masira kaagad

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    brand new for me. less worries and with longer warranty.
    closest dealer of evercool to you is promac along f.b. harisson pasay city. tel. 831-2472 / 831-5269. nga pala matic ba?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the advise! Now I know I have to buy a brand new radiator

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oh yeah! Sorry I forgot to mention that it's a manual

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the advise! Now I know I have to buy a brand new radiator I just called Toyorama in Banawe. They said they have brand new replacement radiators but the brand is Cooling. They don't have evercool. I didn't get what she said about brand new replacement so I asked her how much a Brand New Toyota radiator would cost me and she said it's P19,500! I had no idea that it would be that expensive hehe. I wanna get the evercool brand also. My friend just had her car's radiator replaced and she got the same brand. I don't know how to PM (excuse my ignorance) so I hope Speedyfix gets to read this post coz I wanna know if he has the evercool brand available. I'm only familiar with Sucat and Makati kasi but I think I could find my way around Shaw.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Brand new. It is more cost effective.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Levin Automotive Parts in Banawe is a dealer also of Evercool. 95-A Banawe St. tel 711-4057 / 711-4129. IIE got his 1 row evercool for 96 corolla m/t for P3.2K

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Brand New or Surplus Radiator