New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Need to replace A/C condenser but the only available condenser is a bigger and thicker one. What are the pros and cons of a bigger condenser? Will it make the airconditioning better?
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    theoretically it will make the heat exchange process better, but if the system is already designed to spec so you might not see any benefit

anong model ba nang sasakyan yan na you could not find a drop-in condenser?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marbintorres View Post
    Need to replace A/C condenser but the only available condenser is a bigger and thicker one. What are the pros and cons of a bigger condenser? Will it make the airconditioning better?
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    pros - better cooling (surface area of heat exchange is bigger)
    - at times may not need installation of an auxiliary fan similar to Nissan's design
    cons - more expensive
    - may not fit current set-up that may require you to do modifications, ergo, more expense

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    pros - better cooling (surface area of heat exchange is bigger)
    - at times may not need installation of an auxiliary fan similar to Nissan's design
    cons - more expensive
    - may not fit current set-up that may require you to do modifications, ergo, more expense
    Agree, the new braket alone may cost you 2k

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Pros: Better cooling, but as previously mentioned if the system is already utilizing the ideal size condenser, why interfere with the design?

Cons: You might encounter fitment issues, but beyond that, I do not think it would do any harm.

I'm open for corrections! :D