New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Malamig sya for the first 20 to 30 minutes, then mag auto off, wala na lamig, blower na lang for 10 to 15 minutes, then mag on uli balik malamig na hangin. Freon was checked ok, evaporator coil replaced 3 months ago, relay, fuses checked ok. Hindi ma solve ng pinag pagawan kong shop. Any experience like this? How was it solved? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    year model?

variant?

9th gen?

auto-climate control(digital) or manual dial?

when was the last time you have the AC system cleaned at the Casa?

i suspect something is malfunctioning on your auto-climate control, if equipped. its digital kase and controlled by something like an ECU kahit naka-manual thermostat option. something like that.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    AC systems on modern cars have to be diagnosed using a scanner and a proper AC machine to determine if the refrigerant and lubricant is just right ,

if i were the tech , first thing i have to do is to measure the refrigerant by means of a weighing scale or equivalent .

if ok, i would go check for any codes and data related to the trouble .

with the help of a technical info .

sometimes these equipments are not readily available in most AC shops.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrokulit View Post
    Malamig sya for the first 20 to 30 minutes, then mag auto off, wala na lamig, blower na lang for 10 to 15 minutes, then mag on uli balik malamig na hangin. Freon was checked ok, evaporator coil replaced 3 months ago, relay, fuses checked ok. Hindi ma solve ng pinag pagawan kong shop. Any experience like this? How was it solved? Thanks.
    I heavily suspect that the magnetic clutch of the compressor needs replacement. The compressor needs to be pulled down and disassembled in order for the magnetic clutch/switch be replaced.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for the replies. It is a 2004 Altis E. Auto climate control (digital). Never had it cleaned at casa or denso. These are my suspected faults either the auto climate control or as the technician says could be the magnetic clutch. I would like to be sure what the defect is before replacing anything like the magnetic clutch. Anyway I am contemplating to bring the car to the Denso service center in Makati for proper diagnosis.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Well. It was the magnetic switch that was defective. It has to be replaced. 6 1/2 years na rin naman. It's good kasi nung alisin yung compressor, nakita drive belt puro crack na, kung hindi baka naputulan pa ng belt malaki problema. Repair was done by AJF aircon in Bacoor, Cavite. The shop owner was very accommodating and helpful. Also the crew.