New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    #41
    Gasgas na nga yung tanong na overheating but still the problem has no exact solution but rather the problem is still there...................and overheating causes a lot of trouble.......

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    26,770
    #42
    akala ko nagasgasan ang tsikot.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    295
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    check your radiator cap na din bro. baka nagbo boil ang water sa reservoir tank, kaya nag uubos ng tubig, kahit wala namang external leaks.
    Mga sir/mam, pa advise na din kasi exact na nangyayari (rise in temperature almost sa red line na and pag stop ko to check kumukulo nga water sa reservoir) sa ride ko ngaun ito pag tumatakbo ng 90-120kph for about 10mins or more.

    Nae-experience ko lang ito pag nag byahe kami sa SLEX or NLEX. Pero pag city driving nman at nagbu-burst speed (100-120) ako like sa edsa or C5, totally walang problema nman related to overheating.

    What could be the problem or culprit that causes the problem??

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Mga sir/mam, pa advise na din kasi exact na nangyayari (rise in temperature almost sa red line na and pag stop ko to check kumukulo nga water sa reservoir) sa ride ko ngaun ito pag tumatakbo ng 90-120kph for about 10mins or more.

    Nae-experience ko lang ito pag nag byahe kami sa SLEX or NLEX. Pero pag city driving nman at nagbu-burst speed (100-120) ako like sa edsa or C5, totally walang problema nman related to overheating.

    What could be the problem or culprit that causes the problem??
    Start first by having your radiator flushed and cleaned then checking your aux fan operation and thermostat; a stuck thermostat could mean water/coolant flow isn't sufficient when you're running at higher rpms.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    295
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Start first by having your radiator flushed and cleaned then checking your aux fan operation and thermostat; a stuck thermostat could mean water/coolant flow isn't sufficient when you're running at higher rpms.
    Thank you for the advise vinj. When you say have it cleaned, does it mean i got to have it "overhauled"?

  6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,990
    #46
    a thermostat that fails to open ("stuck in the closed position") will overheat the engine no matter what the engine speed is....

    a missing thermostat (i.e. removed) will overheat the engine on low speed runs (traffic) and overcool on open highway runs....

    symptom is overheating at open highway and prolonged high engine speeds......

    if all of the items stated by sir vinj checks out okay, check your belt, belt tension, water pump, and then your hoses especially the lower one.....usually, the upper hose is the first to go. check them both anyway.

    experienced the same problem and it turned out that the lower hose is collapsing at high engine speeds because it (hose) was soft.

    water pump creates partial vacuum at the suction side (lower hose).

    hth

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    71
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Thank you for the advise vinj. When you say have it cleaned, does it mean i got to have it "overhauled"?
    Hello po. Up ko lang po tong question na ito, needs some enlightenment cause Im also experiencing minor overheating lately. Thank you po sa mga magrereply to educate us about the differences of radiator flush and cleaning versus overhaul.

  8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    #48
    Ako rin po. Kelangan magpa-check ng overheating na Altis 2005 A/T 1.8 model. Kelangan malapit sa Ortigas Center kasi baka di umabot sa shop. Salamat sa advice. Where can I find a reliable shop in the Ortigas Center-Shaw Boulevard area?

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    262
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaAsistio View Post
    Hello po. Up ko lang po tong question na ito, needs some enlightenment cause Im also experiencing minor overheating lately. Thank you po sa mga magrereply to educate us about the differences of radiator flush and cleaning versus overhaul.
    ups lang po..TIA

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    689
    #50
    ^Just recently, our old lancer itlog had a bit of overheating problems. I did several coolant flush, it didn't work. Tried the Lav'ra mon service, it did clean the engine block but didn't remove the clogged radiator fins.

    Tried to bring it to a radiator shop. The mechanic manually opened the radiator and de-clogged the fins. It was full of rust. Now no more overheat. The overhaul only costs 600.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Alam ko gasgas natong tanong na to.Overheating problems