New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Before we had the radiator fan changed, the aircon has no problem. Nung ibalik na sa min, una hindi napansin. Napansin na lang na pag nasa traffic at idle umiinit ang buga ng aircon, pag umaandar na lalamig ulit. We already checked freon, next would be aircon cleaning. But I have doubts cleaning would help. Wala naman problems sa lakas ng hangin, nasa temp. And somehow I think its related to the radiator fan change.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Before we had the radiator fan changed, the aircon has no problem. Nung ibalik na sa min, una hindi napansin. Napansin na lang na pag nasa traffic at idle umiinit ang buga ng aircon, pag umaandar na lalamig ulit. We already checked freon, next would be aircon cleaning. But I have doubts cleaning would help. Wala naman problems sa lakas ng hangin, nasa temp. And somehow I think its related to the radiator fan change.

Any thoughts?

baka sa radiator/engine fan na ipinalit ang problema. what car ba bro? clutch fan ba? brand new fan or surplus?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fan not running? Check power supply and fan itself.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Dalin mo kay Jay-Air sa may Mindanao Ave. Ayos yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Fan is likely not running.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    When this happens to our older cars, the problem was usually connected to the auxiliary fan not running.

When this happens, during idling or traffic standstill, the compressor doesnt get enough airflow to cool it down. But when you are moving, it gets that much needed airflow.

It could be during the work on your radiator fan (if it immediatelt happened after work was done), they may have inadvertenly disconnected a connector for that or it just happened to fail at that time (cant really say for certain).

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    When this happens to our older cars, the problem was usually connected to the auxiliary fan not running.

When this happens, during idling or traffic standstill, the compressor doesnt get enough airflow to cool it down. But when you are moving, it gets that much needed airflow.

It could be during the work on your radiator fan (if it immediatelt happened after work was done), they may have inadvertenly disconnected a connector for that or it just happened to fail at that time (cant really say for certain).
    Agree with this, but I think Sphynx is referring to the condenser , not the "compressor".

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Agree with this, but I think Sphynx is referring to the condenser , not the "compressor".
    Whoops. haha! Thanks for that.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Sa fan nga siguro kung nagloloko yan. Baka mag overheat pa nga kung di kayanin. Kung cleaning pwede din option pero how old is the car?

Just had similar problem and nagpalit na ko ng compressor. My car is 6 years old

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    baka sa radiator/engine fan na ipinalit ang problema. what car ba bro? clutch fan ba? brand new fan or surplus?
    2014 chev spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Fan not running? Check power supply and fan itself.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kris_13 View Post
    Dalin mo kay Jay-Air sa may Mindanao Ave. Ayos yan.
    Thanks for the recommendation
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Fan is likely not running.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Thanks.

All of you guys seems to be pointing at the fan nga. I'll probably check the fan nga kung tumatakbo during idle. Then maybe send it to shop again.

Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast