New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Patulong naman po. My Accord 1996 always overheats whenever I turn off its AC. Newly overhauled ang radiator at walang water leaks whatsoever. Pag naka on ang aircon, wala naman pong problema at hindi nag-ooverheat kahit sobra ang traffic. Ano Po kaya ang dapat ko pagawa?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vcong View Post
    Patulong naman po. My Accord 1996 always overheats whenever I turn off its AC. Newly overhauled ang radiator at walang water leaks whatsoever. Pag naka on ang aircon, wala naman pong problema at hindi nag-ooverheat kahit sobra ang traffic. Ano Po kaya ang dapat ko pagawa?

sosyal ng car ha...gusto niya naka-aircon siya...hahaha...anyway, baka yung fan mo may problema...kapag pinapatay mo yung aircon, sumasabay siya which should not be... or baka mahina na yung fan na naiiwang dapat bumubukas kapag off ang aircon...or lastly, baka yung thermostat?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    possible cause is the cooling fan circuit . check the fan if it turns on when the temp gauge reaches just above the half way mark .

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the thermoswitch is busted. pag sira yun the rad fan won't turn on by itself. pero pag naka a/c ka sumasabay talaga sya with the a/c fan.

replace it and ok na dapat. sana no major damage to the engine.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Had the thermoswitch checked and it was busted. Had it replaced and everything is ok now. Thanks for the advise speedyfix!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no problem!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi speedy! my 97 accord vti is also experiencing increase in temp. it never actually overheated. but the increasing temp occurs only during highway speeds and goes back to normal when i slow down. even when i'm stuck in traffic i never experienced increasing temp yet... i suspect it's a dirty or somewhat clogged radiator. am i right? are there other factors which could cause the increase in temp? also, i observed both fans (cooling and a/c fan)to continue running for more than a min and sometimes longer after i turned off the engine. is this normal? i didn't notice it before... i'm planning to have the rad cleaned and convert the top plastic cover with a copper made cover so it can be cleaned whenever needed. aside from this what else should i do?
    hope to hear from you soon speedy. thanks!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if i were you i would replace it with a evercool unit or soemthing similar. in my experience, repairs and metal top fabrication does not last that long rin.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    anyone who knows how much for an evercool rad equivalent for a 97 accord?
    thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you can call the shop if you need an estimate. the number is in my sig.

Accord Overheating Problem