New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hi Guys was wondering anyone here had this expirence.

The AC of my 3.5L Camry is only 3 months old and it's sticks like wet socks everytime I turn ON the AC for about 3 mins then the smell goes away.

It's like not all the water are drain out.

I tried to get Toyota to fix the problem and they told me I have to pay 7,500.00 and considering my car is 3 months old and it should be under warranty. They told me that I really have to pay. But since their schedule is full I still haven't got the car clean not to mention it will take 3 days in the shop just for this.

I ask the service advisor if any other Camry owners 07 model had the same complaint about the foul odor and they told me there was 1 and it's because the driver eat his lunch inside the car. ( well I don't )

We don't even use it for going to the market or grocery it's just my extra car when driver is not around.

I tried to email Toyota but no reply it seems they don't care at all.

Well here's the catch I notice that I would get mouth ulcers when ever I use the car so does my son so I think the car is not healthy due to this problem.

I also noticed that if the car would be park in a UPHILL position the smell is lessen unlike if I park it on a flat surface.

The drain is working as it drips water during AC operation.

Hope you guys can contribute to this.
    Last edited by rebel; February 6th, 2008 at 04:55 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Try nyo check cabin air filter nyo sir, palitan nyo pag marumi na.

hth

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hhmm, well I have an '07 Camry SE V6 (3.5) and I havent experienced anything like that. but then your in the Philippines and Im in the US, so I am not sure if the Camry's in the PI is any different???.

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmmm... kinda reminds me of what happens to the AC also of our Rav4 from time to time (siguro every two months or so).

Why are they charging you P7.5K when you car is still covered by the warranty? Are you having it repaired in Shaw-Ortigas (never had a warranty claim problem before with them)?

Though from the mouth ulcer symptom that you've described... it's quite possible that there's a mold infestation somewhere. Have you tried to personally check the aircon filter (is yours located behind the glovebox)?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    same with mine wayback in '01 kabago-bago amoy pawis na panis once in-on ang a/c! the best remedy is turn off the thermostat for a few minutes while the blower is running to dry up the moisture that accumulated along the lines. eventually mawawala yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Hmmmm... kinda reminds me of what happens to the AC also of our Rav4 from time to time (siguro every two months or so).

Why are they charging you P7.5K when you car is still covered by the warranty? Are you having it repaired in Shaw-Ortigas (never had a warranty claim problem before with them)?

Though from the mouth ulcer symptom that you've described... it's quite possible that there's a mold infestation somewhere. Have you tried to personally check the aircon filter (is yours located behind the glovebox)?
    TOYOTA SHAW! that's the one that want's to get 7,500.00 for a car that is just 3 months old.

I was surprise when I look up the problem in www.toyotanations.com the topic had more than 60 replies with the same complaint.

I did check the filter behind the glovebox but it's clean. As i've said the car is less than 3 months old.

Here is a link to that thread in the USA AC STINKS

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    same with mine wayback in '01 kabago-bago amoy pawis na panis once in-on ang a/c! the best remedy is turn off the thermostat for a few minutes while the blower is running to dry up the moisture that accumulated along the lines. eventually mawawala yan.
    SOBRA baho talaga. I've tried all sorts of Ambi products, Ionizer, Ozonizer.

Sa akin hindi nawawala bumabaho lalo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    what exactly is that P7500 that they are charging you? Please give more details. I assume a/c is covered under warranty especially if regarding a/c draining as it could affect other parts of the a/c system which toyota will be spending more on if warrantied.

try using charcoal, maybe that would help.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    TOYOTA SHAW! that's the one that want's to get 7,500.00 for a car that is just 3 months old.
    Try to bring it to Toyota Shaw-Ortigas (the one located in C5 near the Ajinomoto HQ). They did repair my AC (and a lot more) before for free (under warranty of course).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Di kaya may namatay na daga sa loob or ipis somewhere in the AC system where air flows?

Anyway, ano yung mouth ulcer?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
2007 Camry AC STINKS!!!