New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Fellow Motorists,

My dad's honda crv's AC has just stopped cooling. Honda shaw recommended to replace the compressor kasi sira na raw, condensor, etc etc....umabot ng 41K++ ang gagastuhin....awts

So for second opinion, I went to my friend's suking aircon shop near makati garden sa may rembo ata yun...The owner told me that the magnetic clutch is busted so he suggested to me to go to pasay edsa and look for a magnetic clutch for honda crv 2003. So I went there and inquired to all shops one-by-one with no luck. One store told me that you have to buy the whole compressor and you can't buy the magnetic clutch for KEIHIN (ac compressor for 2003 honda crv, i hope my spelling is correct) separately. The store owner quoted me of 14K for the compressor! Biniro pa nga ako eh, KEYHINA daw ang compressor ng CRV....Arooo... i didn't know na ganito pala kahirap maghanap ng HONDA parts!!! A week ago, I've been to some shops and all of them recommended to replace the compressor. I would never ever buy Honda from now on....=(

So sabi nung store owner na kung gusto ko raw ipa-install meron syang recommended na aircon shop sa may E. rog malapit sa tomas morato between new manila st and balete drive. CELTIC COOL yung name nung shop. So I called Celtic Cool and eto yung breakdown sakin:

compressor: 14000
    expansion valve: 1400 -> baka raw may tama
    drier repair kit: 1100 -> kelangan daw paltan kung papalitan comp
    condenser: 6200 -> baka raw barado na and masira nya uli comp

-for flushing-
    o-ring: 100
    N2: 150
    R141: 350
    Nd OIL: 300
    R134: 750

LABOR: 1900

Wow! Parang complete AC system replacement na ang kelangang gawin...Kulang na lang paltan Evaporator! hahaha...pag uwi ko nagbasabasa ko until I came across this link:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ac98.htm

hmmm...make sense naman pala...pero it's more of a last resort solution eh...mas maganda sana eh mapin-point yung exact cause ng problema....

Here are some details:

-- Napansin ko lang na yung 2 fans sa likod ng radiator ay hinde umaandar. Is that normal? May sensor ba sya na pag mainit then saka lang aandar? hmmm...I tried to drive for 15 mins but when i checked again it's still not rotating...
    -- Haven't had the A/C cleaned for 4 years...Can it cause problems?? though hinde naman himihina lamig ng aircon or mabaho....basta one day bigla na lang nawala lamig...
    -- Since hinde naman stuck up yung comp, ok lang ba na gamitin pa yung car? Hinde ba yun makakaapekto sa makina?

I'm planning to visit Mang Mario or Ceejay next week since they're the most trusted shops here in the threads.

May alam po ba kayo dito malapit sa lasalle taft or manila area na subuk at di taga sa presyo na aircon shop?

Please help po...

Thank you!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^

try mo other aircon shop....Mahal pa rin kahit doon sa celtic cool....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Aircon talaga ang weak spot ng 2nd gen CRV, Mine is a 2002 model, yung unang labas ng 2nd gen. Had my aircon fixed about 3 years ago. Compressor din ang problem. Had it fixed not in the casa which was very expensive. It was my brother in-law who attended to the problem but I remember that I spent only a little more than half of what it should have been if sa casa ginawa. Hassle talaga!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *jabbronx: If it's just the clutch, it's more logical to just replace the clutch... but unfortunately, like you've just found out, not a lot of sources for clutches out there.

Had the same problem before with a Calsonic Compressor on one of my Nissans. F***ing impossible to find a clutch, and what they wanted for a new Compressor (or even surplus) was outrageous! And worst of all, whenever I did find a surplus clutch, it'd just give out again (mechanical clutch siya, the arms break easily).

What did I do? I swapped in a surplus Denso compressor with a rubber clutch. From an L300 or something :hysterical: ...damn, that thing dragged (I lost something like 20 hp whenever I turned it on), but the clutch never gave out...

14k nowadays is not an excessive price for a new compressor, but if your compressor isn't bad yet (no clunking, dragging, etcetera) you might want to skulk around Banaue or Evangelista till you find a secondhand CRV compressor or a CRV engine that you can buy the compressor off of... just for the clutch.

Ang hirap talaga pag AC... Just had the Crosswind's AC cleaned and recharged for 9k... ouch!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    kung hindi ka naman nagmamadali hanap ka mga ac shops na gumagawa ng japanese cars and scout ka nalang bka meron sila pinagpalitan na compressor na iba ang sira and buo pa ang clutch that way malaki ang matitipid mo. or look ka sa mga surplus na lang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Guday tsikoteer, the main cause of the damage to your compressor obviously was the busted radiator fan and condenser fan, it causes your aircon system to go on high pressure, thus damaging your compressor. If you notice prior to your car aircon cleaning, on idle speed, cooling was not sufficient enough, because cold air passing your condenser was not enough to lower the pressure on your condenser. Condenser fan is triggered once you turn on your a/c system, radiator fan is triggered by temp sensor switch on your engine. SOP on my shop, once you replace a busted compressor, you also need to replace the condenser to protect the new compressor against clogged system, you did not buy a separate filter drier because brand new condenser comes loaded with filter cartridge, expansion valve replacement is not a must to be replaced, you can just flushed it with nitogen. But its your option to replaced it or not. Here in my shop, my cost for a brand new keihin compressor, condenser, labor, refrigerant flushing, etc, will cost you around 26t, it comes with a 1 year warranty.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hindi lang naman honda na a/c nasisiraan... don't think you can say di ka na bibili ng honda just because of this experience.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by autofrost View Post
    Guday tsikoteer, the main cause of the damage to your compressor obviously was the busted radiator fan and condenser fan, it causes your aircon system to go on high pressure, thus damaging your compressor. If you notice prior to your car aircon cleaning, on idle speed, cooling was not sufficient enough, because cold air passing your condenser was not enough to lower the pressure on your condenser. Condenser fan is triggered once you turn on your a/c system, radiator fan is triggered by temp sensor switch on your engine. SOP on my shop, once you replace a busted compressor, you also need to replace the condenser to protect the new compressor against clogged system, you did not buy a separate filter drier because brand new condenser comes loaded with filter cartridge, expansion valve replacement is not a must to be replaced, you can just flushed it with nitogen. But its your option to replaced it or not. Here in my shop, my cost for a brand new keihin compressor, condenser, labor, refrigerant flushing, etc, will cost you around 26t, it comes with a 1 year warranty.
    -- Where is your shop located, Frost? Ano po number nyo? MEron ba discount ang mga tsikoteers? ^^

-- Ok ba sa inyo kung customers magdadala ng parts? (comp, condenser) tas sa inyo labor?

-- Right fan ba yung para sa condenser? Or left?

-- Do you really have to replace the condenser kung papaltan din ang comp??

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    yeah..i mean, mahal kasi pyesa ng honda

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Case closed mga chongs...Kanina napaayos ko na A/C ko...wohoo! Ang lamig!

Super Mang Mario to the rescue. 4,300 lang inabot lahat lahat!!!

replaced faulty aux fan
    cleaning and flushing
    replaced faulty magnetic coil

bilib talaga ako...sya nag-ayos nung comp...pagka-check nung A/C binigay agad quotation sakin, 4300 daw aabutin, di na ko himingi ng discount dahil alam kong hnde taga ang presyo so ayun after 3 hours...malamig na uli A/C...

laking pasalamat ko kay mang mario...naka-10 AIRCON shops din akong napagtanungan lahat sila gusto palit comp pati condenser...hay, i know they need this trick in order to survive...

sulit talaga punta ko kahit malayo at least umuwi akong nakangiti...^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2003 HONDA CRV A/C Problem (compressor)