New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stumbled upon this product in the Eastwood Co. website and bought a kit. The kit inlcudes the Rhodite powder compound and a thick felt polisher buffer that you will have to connect to your variable rotary tool. Recommended speed is from 600-800 RPM only.

You basically mix the rhodite compound with water and apply it to the windshied/glass. You also constantly spray water while buffing the windshield.

The product effectively removed all sorts of minor scratches left by the wiper, all acid and water marks, and leaves an impressive sparkle in my windshield.
    Last edited by woodfire; November 20th, 2004 at 12:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pics

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rhodite compound

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw that 2-3 years ago actually, Eastwood is one of the better known glass polishing companies, let us know kung effective pre, but then again... None of your cars require its strength anyway hehe... San mo i-tetest?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tested it in the windshield of the pajero which is full of slight scratches and haze left by the wiper. the sparkle is very impressive!

the rhodite i bought is the least aggressive of the three types of rhodite compounds available and is intended to polish and take out slight scratches and acid marks.

the two other types available are meant to really take out medium and severe scratches and haze.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very interesting

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    how much will a set cost?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Is it available locally or you purchased it abroad.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yan din ung ginagamit ng mga Window-crack Repair shops sa pagtanggal ng Scratch.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check this site out na lang:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/images/us//local/products/detail/p2500.jpg

the kit is about USD 30.00 which will last you a long time depending on the volume you will be working on. My wife bought it for me when she was in the U.S. two months ago.

Windshield Scratch Remover/Polisher