New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I'm getting OC and the wiper marks on my windshield are really annoying me hehehe. I tried to have them polished at Big Bert's and it got minimized a bit but it's still not as clear as I want it to be. I got a quote from Aguila Glass for 4k for a replacement windshield.

My questions are:

1) What exactly is the difference between the original windshield and a replacement from Aguila?

2) What about surplus windshields? Are they ok to buy? How's the condition of these, usually? Still ok or they're scratched up as well?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir use laminated....

mas matibay and not prone daw po sa scratches.... mas mahal nga lang ng kunti....

mga OEM Laminated po yan...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not worth it to replace kung hinde naman basag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    why not replace the wipers instead?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For the front windshield, I'd still go with OEM. The rest, I can live with replacement window panels.

For replacement windshields, check the following:

1. The optical quality should be clear and there should be no optical aberration below the AS1 line (the general viewing area of the windshield, typically 4-6 inches and down from the top edge)
    2. It should be laminated

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for the replies. So how do I fix this? Even if I replace the wipers, the windshield still has those wiper marks that refract light hitting the windshield. Aside from Big Berts, is there anyone else who does very good glass grinding? I heard that if it's ground too much the windshield will start to pick up an optical grade. Is this true?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    go for oem..ang pagkakaalam ko all windshield replacement ng aguila are laminated...ang difference na alam ko is parang may visible na rainbowish pag replacement...

or kung naka comprehensive insurance ka basagin mo nalang and claim for it though kung medyo matanda na car mo may deppriciation plus yung participation fees mo...ang pagkakaalam ko oem windshield for 2009 crv is aroung 35k-40k...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kung hindi naman basag, just learn to live with it not unless you're willing to pay for OEM. Di maganda replacement windshields - my parang rainbow.

As for surplus, most probably may scratches din yun since di naman brand new. Besides pag hindi maganda yung pagkabit ng bagong windshield, chances are maging prone ito sa leak.

Windshield replacement questions