New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Veed,

I can do away with 1st consequence you've mention (grado)... though after using "D' Best" i didn't notice any optical changes. The product says its a polish and i find it very good... better than strip-ip if i can say.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strip It is relatively mild, great for maintenance grime removal... Where did you get this "d'best" compound? I wanna check it out. What's the ingredient content? Cerium Oxide?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its available at robinson's handyman. I don't know the content, i i'm not sure either if the content is on the label. It's in a tub container.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theveed,

I have used this product before for our 74 corona before and ok naman, since natanggal yung majority of the scratches but hard rubbing talaga.

I checked the label just this morning sa handyman, walang nakasulat na ingredients sa label. Other usage of the product is to polish mags and stainless.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's the point... on most 80's and older glass, it's very thick and it's not laminated the same way as the new glass are, they're much much thinner today and optical distortion and integrity are very important issues to consider... Madalas mas madali maghairline crack ang new glass compared to the old ones...

I think it's a metal polish... If it's a pure aluminum polish then it's usually safe for glass...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theveed,

Can strip-it remove the wiper marks in windshield

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    short answer... no... like what I posted kanina... windshield scratches can't be "polished" off through conventional methods, usually you need a resin repair to fix it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Veed,

True with the quality of winshield with old cars.

I wouldn't suggest to use the product on painted surfaces. It's like a rubbing compound. I actually tried a small portion on my hood and it produced haze.

Originally posted by theveed
    That's the point... on most 80's and older glass, it's very thick and it's not laminated the same way as the new glass are, they're much much thinner today and optical distortion and integrity are very important issues to consider... Madalas mas madali maghairline crack ang new glass compared to the old ones...

I think it's a metal polish... If it's a pure aluminum polish then it's usually safe for glass...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
windshield problem...help